Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Hallway colours

I am completely lost for inspiration for decorating my hall stairs and landing. I’ve looked on Pinterest and feel totally overwhelmed by options! We’ve recently had spotlights fitted as we have no windows either down or upstairs as the stairs are in the middle of the house, this has helped brighten it loads. Pics attached of what it’s like currently, ideas welcome!

2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the current paint colour is lovely and can’t imagine any other beige or grey colour would make a difference. What about a colourful rug and art work? Maybe a change of photo frame too?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I really like the colour too! I'm looking to paint ours that sort of colour in the next few weeks! We also have white doors and staircase! Sorry not much help really! 😅.

Agree with Col&Ali, a nice rug or runner in the hall?
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have to say I do like it as it is. Ours is very similar layout with no real natural light - except the small window in the door.

We are changing from ‘natural wicker’ to ‘Goose Down’ grey - mainly for a change and because it needs a refresh. We also plain to add a new more pictures to the wall but like things plan and simple.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh I love that colour! What is it called?
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

Add a radiator cover

Either stand alone or have it made to match the height of the show cabinet if that is fixed
You could make it longer If having a bespoke one and have a shelf for books or an ornament

I love the colour you have a well and agree that some artwork or photos would look fab
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I also love your current colour 👍🏻
Our hall, stairs & landing is painted all white with pale grey damask wallpaper on the stairs wall. We are decorating it in the next couple of months.
So I will follow for inspiration 🤗
My next door neighbour has a different layout to us which means she only has one small window. She has white wood work and pale green walls. Her pictures are in white frame and her floors are light wood. Its looks really lovely!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I really like them as they are!

What is it you want to change? If it's more colour you want I echo suggestions of artwork and/ a runner. I like one or two plants, too, like you have on the landing. You could change the feel just with new accessories.

I like an uncluttered and light, neutral design for areas liike hallways because they can be dumping grounds and that adds plenty of colour!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 01:58 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I also like it and would probably leave it as it is unless it desperately needs repainting.
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

what about adding some panelling?

you could do it yourself (if you're a bit handy) with some wood and glue!
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List