Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Welcome! As someone already said just put a request in the villa section and all available owners will respond. We are a friendly bunch and happy to answer any questions.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you so much! Your so kind <3
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Villas and hotels are a discussion that has been going since the age of time (or so it feels).
We have done both and we love villas due to the space, privacy, and choices that are available. It can also work out more cost effective. You can also manage well with Uber and Lyft if you don’t want to drive.
It’s worth mentioning that the Great British Mickey Waffle podcast (which is connected to the Dibb) are going to be discussing the benefits of villa stays in Orlando in the show that will drop on 1st November! If you haven’t found the podcast it’s available on all good podcast providers and YouTube.
Let us know if you have any specific questions we can answer!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

My 2 pennies input lol.

Firstly the driving. I get what u mean about the videos you see with profiling and racist cops etc. But u only tend to see the end result and not the start where the person pulled is being a bit dodgy acting or silly and not complying. Not all are silly mind and racism does happen but I honestly think you'll be fine in Florida. If you were pulled over I think the police would be fine especially knowing you're on holiday.

If u were to drive then it would open more airport potential like Tampa and Miami which could save you money and/or get direct flights cheaper or same price as indirect to Orlando international. With a 1 year old I would prefer a direct flight personally but we've done indirect with toddlers and all went fine.

We've stayed in villas, hotels, motels, caravan type accom, in universal, in Disney etc.
They've all got pluses and minuses.
If doing parks every day then on site would be my choice and esp with a 1 year old. Disney transport is amazing but we also found Uber and Lyft brilliant off site too.
The flight savings could go towards on site costs. And hopefully free dining will be back.
U can off hire the car easy enough which will mean no parking fees and keep costs down more by not having it on hire.

If not doing the parks so much then going back to a villa is great to chill out and laze around the pool with a beer.

Our choice for staying in villas is always on the US27. But that's personal choice as we know the area well and tend to travel off the beaten track more so it's an ideal spot.

U got plenty of time to mull things over and there's always great advice on here.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you so much, Simon and Suzzane for your great reply. You are totally right, we might or most likely will be fine, I am just a worrier I guess. Am I wrong or is parking at Disney charged per day for off-site guests if we did do a car and rented a villa? When you are on holiday and driving around Disney area, do you even see a lot of police waiting to pull people over? In the UK we drive all the time and it is fine so it would be a total culture shock to come across any issues.

As for the on-site/off-site, what is your priority debate which goes on... If it were up to me I would be in the parks from opening and be the last one to leave so would prefer on-site and would not mind moderate or value as would never be in the room much. However, my husband has only been to DLP (he loved adventure land) but is not a big Disney fan like me having, never been to Florida. I worry he will be like some days, 'let's go back to the room' and I will be stuck inside a room with no outdoor space to relax.

I also think once he is there he might (just might) get hooked and would be okay with value or moderate. MY ideal resort (money no issue) would be contemporary, beach club or yacht club for the balconies. I also like CS Tower rooms even though they don't have balconies. I did look into DVC but it is like full payment or 50% payment up-front.

No matter what route I go down, I really want to wait (feels like years!) for Disney direct 2022 to be on sale to compare. Maybe I will get a good deal. Thanks again for your reply.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When I went as a child we would stay in a villa & my dad would do all the driving. Now I'm older and go without my parents we usually stay in hotels and use Disney transport or Uber/Lyft to get around. I won't driver over there either and definitely wouldn't consider staying in a villa without hiring a car. I love staying onsite and although it is more expensive, for me the convenience of the Disney transport, Magical express etc are worth paying a bit extra.

If you're concerned about the lack of space in a hotel room I would think about renting DVC points and getting a 1 bedroom somewhere. Or have you thought about an offsite hotel? I've not stayed there myself but know people who have stayed at Floridays Resort & highly recommended it. It's closer to the parks than the villa communities and they have 2/3 bedroom suites - I think they also have free shuttle buses to the parks.

But if you're heart is set on a villa go for it, there's lots of positives like more space & a private pool. I would really think about hiring a car though if you do decide to!
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theotherblonde View Post
Thank you so much, Simon and Suzzane for your great reply. You are totally right, we might or most likely will be fine, I am just a worrier I guess. Am I wrong or is parking at Disney charged per day for off-site guests if we did do a car and rented a villa? When you are on holiday and driving around Disney area, do you even see a lot of police waiting to pull people over? In the UK we drive all the time and it is fine so it would be a total culture shock to come across any issues.

As for the on-site/off-site, what is your priority debate which goes on... If it were up to me I would be in the parks from opening and be the last one to leave so would prefer on-site and would not mind moderate or value as would never be in the room much. However, my husband has only been to DLP (he loved adventure land) but is not a big Disney fan like me having, never been to Florida. I worry he will be like some days, 'let's go back to the room' and I will be stuck inside a room with no outdoor space to relax.

I also think once he is there he might (just might) get hooked and would be okay with value or moderate. MY ideal resort (money no issue) would be contemporary, beach club or yacht club for the balconies. I also like CS Tower rooms even though they don't have balconies. I did look into DVC but it is like full payment or 50% payment up-front.

No matter what route I go down, I really want to wait (feels like years!) for Disney direct 2022 to be on sale to compare. Maybe I will get a good deal. Thanks again for your reply.
Yes there's loads of sheriff cars about whenever we go but I think it's more to give a presence and safe feeling tbh and also help out people lost or broken down as well as their other duties. Only time I've seen someone pulled over was when they were speeding really dangerous.
Anyone looking for trouble would think twice with a strong police presence.

An incident we had years ago was when the villa alarm was set off by accident and the code given was wrong. On the phone to villa company whilst alarms blaring and they also had wrong code.
In the meantime 2 sheriff cars turned up. Guns not out but hands on them.
I had to explain who i was and show ID and they also had to verify with the villa company. Finally alarm code sorted and we all laughed about it with the cops once ok.
On the other hand if I had said no I'm not showing u ID cos it's my right then it puts them on back foot and think hmmmmmm somethings up then they get very on edge as could be any dodgy scenario for them. And I think most videos we see are the 2nd scenario.
What I'm saying is they're human, they are the first line and need to assess for their own and others safety.
Same if stopped, u just answer questions and explain who you are etc.

As others have said, driving is so much easier over there. And can open so much saving with other airports.

Disney is pay for parking if not on site (if on site u pay at hotel a nightly fee but if on site u can off hire car easy enough if u had one).
I believe it's $25 a day or there abouts at the parks to park. So u need to add that into the price of a villa stay. 10 days parking is $250 which would be $0 if on site using Disney transport.

He def won't get bored with Disney. There's 6 parks and something for everyone. Plus u got the resort you're staying at to explore and relax by pool etc.

I find it's hassle going to the parks with a car esp MK rather than on site Disney transport. The buses drop u right outside the parks.
But on other hand u can be waiting for a bus esp at end of day.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Only go with a reputable booking company like HomeAway who are the leaders in this market.

Great customer service, and your money is always protected.
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Welcome to the Dibb
As you can guess everyone on this forum try very hard to help give advice and support whoever asks .
Once your booked it will become quite addictive as you search for all kinds of advice and tips !
You will find reading previous trip reports very helpful
Happy planning
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are a family of two, plus two teenage boys.

I now always hire a Villa when staying in Orlando as they can represent such excellent value whilst giving you a ‘time out’ from all of the hustle, bustle and chaos that is a theme park based vacation. We like to ‘dip in and out’. The smallest accommodation that I would now consider is a 2/3 bedroom Hotel Apartment and I would never dream of staying on site other than our single night in a Loews Universal Premium Hotel. For a 4 bedroom Villa with a pool (we don’t pay to heat it), I have never paid more than around £550 a week , always in Easter or Summer School Hols.

We now use Holidaylettings.co.uk (part of expedia). We are loyal, not because they have produced good villas as described.. that is the easy part. It is because of their assistance when a Villa that we had booked was pulled from under us just 5 weeks from occupation when the owner sold it (and this can happen to anybody with any company). They were superb in contacting us, researching for us and providing plenty of options, even though it was in the Easter School Break. This is where we appreciated the size of the operation and their extensive portfolio of Villas, even though we were going at a peak time. A smaller company might not have had this resilience.

Size can be important!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:54 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List