Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Help with BA eVoucher

Can anyone let me know if I’ve got this process correct please?

We have flights booked from BFS to LHR booked for next summer, with the new Disney offers we are changing our holiday plans and want to change those flights to DUB to MCO.

So I apply for a voucher, I should get that by email within 7 days, then I go online, book new flights and use the voucher value? Obviously there would be a cost difference which I would have to pay.

Is it really that simple or is there something I’m missing?

Also with the currency difference, has anyone had any problems with that?

Our original flights were booked in £ and the new flights would be euro, would there be any issue with that?

Thanks for any help
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

We’ve had a couple of experiences with the voucher system now. You get your email confirming your voucher request was accepted and you can then either pay the deposit on a new booking and ask them to transfer the voucher value to that booking, or I was told if you don’t want to pay the deposit on a new booking you can call them to book over the phone and use your voucher as the deposit.

However if your new trip is going to be on the same dates or within a year of your initial booking date, you can just call them and have them change the flights for you. They’ll let you know what extra needs to be paid and there’s no need to claim a voucher etc
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
We’ve had a couple of experiences with the voucher system now. You get your email confirming your voucher request was accepted and you can then either pay the deposit on a new booking and ask them to transfer the voucher value to that booking, or I was told if you don’t want to pay the deposit on a new booking you can call them to book over the phone and use your voucher as the deposit.

However if your new trip is going to be on the same dates or within a year of your initial booking date, you can just call them and have them change the flights for you. They’ll let you know what extra needs to be paid and there’s no need to claim a voucher etc
Thank you that’s very helpful.

I didn’t realise I could ring them to change as that will hopefully be much easier.

Our original flights are booked for end of June/middle of July, and I’d like to change for end of July/middle of August so definitely within the same year.

Thanks again for your help
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thank you that’s very helpful.

I didn’t realise I could ring them to change as that will hopefully be much easier.

Our original flights are booked for end of June/middle of July, and I’d like to change for end of July/middle of August so definitely within the same year.

Thanks again for your help
No problem! Yeah as long as your new travel plans are still within 12 months of the date you made the booking they will just amend it all for you on the phone. Just tell them the flight numbers etc that you want to change to. Much quicker!

Hope you have a wonderful trip.
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List