Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile Not sure if I’m sad or relieved, holiday cancelled

Tui just emailed me to say our package to Majorca has been cancelled for October. I feel sad as we had changed it from our Mexico booking as we felt Spain would be more likely to go ahead (which I paid £100 amendment fee for which we won’t get refunded 😔 ). However, as cases seem to be increasing again, I’m also relieved as I’m not sure I would have felt safe travelling by plane at the moment.

The email states they will issue me a refund credit note which I can then request a cash refund for. Does anyone know how long this process takes now? I know Tui were very slow with refunds but have improved now ( I hope 😀 ) so I was wondering how long it’s likely to take
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

It’s a shame but probably for the best as things are very unsettled again.
Fingers crossed for next year.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear that DD. It's a wierd sensation isn't it. We had 3 separate trips cancelled and by the time it got to a few weeks before and they got canceled I was def relieved, but when the actual time came I was disappointed. You had some lovely days out earlier in the summer, so perhaps arrange something similar for the first day of your "lost" trip so you have something to look forward to. And keep 🤞
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Am sorry DD, it feels deflating doesnt it, more disappointment and then the dragged out refunding issues to follow dont help.
I am waiting on three refunds that just dont seem to ever happen! I think the gut feeling is that it’s probably for the best though, we will all have to start doing our Christmas baking instead?! I am popping out today to buy dried fruits etc.
(And stock up on wine just in case... )

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We should have been going to our fav place in Menorca on the 6th October too, I get your sadness, I'm gutted not to be going. That was our 3rd one to get cancelled due to the Rona, one more a full house 🙄Hope you get your refund soon, we only just got one of ours back last week(VH)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
It’s a shame but probably for the best as things are very unsettled again.
Fingers crossed for next year.
I do think it’s for the best, it just felt so final to actually get the email even though I was really expecting it. They have given me the option to change it for somewhere else and a £500 top up if the new holiday is more expensive but I just don’t feel it’s worth risking it now this year. Roll on 2021, let’s hope it’s better
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Sorry to hear that DD. It's a wierd sensation isn't it. We had 3 separate trips cancelled and by the time it got to a few weeks before and they got canceled I was def relieved, but when the actual time came I was disappointed. You had some lovely days out earlier in the summer, so perhaps arrange something similar for the first day of your "lost" trip so you have something to look forward to. And keep 🤞
That’s exactly how I feel, I’m relieved but also really sad. We’ve already had an UK break and our Athens trip cancelled and that was hard but this feels so final in a way. DH will still take the time off work as he needs a break from work so we will definitely have to plan something to cheer us up that week
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Am sorry DD, it feels deflating doesnt it, more disappointment and then the dragged out refunding issues to follow dont help.
I am waiting on three refunds that just dont seem to ever happen! I think the gut feeling is that it’s probably for the best though, we will all have to start doing our Christmas baking instead?! I am popping out today to buy dried fruits etc.
(And stock up on wine just in case... )
I was actually feeling brighter this week after our weekend away in the caravan and this feels like a huge punch knocking me down again 😔 I’ve not slept all night as it’s upset me, which I know is silly as there are far more serious problems being caused by the virus than my holiday.

The refund sagas don’t help as it feels such a battle on top of the disappointment. We will definitely lose £100 from this one as it was an amendment fee when we changed from Mexico which we thought was wise at the time 😔 I think we’ve already lost a couple of hundred in bits from previous cancellations this year or they are being held by companies for next year, the only company that has been completely easy to deal with has been Premier Inn.

I’m going shopping later, so will stock up on the wine 😢
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We should have been going to our fav place in Menorca on the 6th October too, I get your sadness, I'm gutted not to be going. That was our 3rd one to get cancelled due to the Rona, one more a full house 🙄Hope you get your refund soon, we only just got one of ours back last week(VH)
Majorca was a change from Mexico and I’m not sure my heart was in it anyway as I really wanted to go to Mexico. We love the Balearics though so I know we would have enjoyed it once we got there. I think the biggest disappointment is because it was our final booking of the year so it just seems the last blow 😭

I hope you do get to go on your last holiday but sadly holidays just seem so unlikely this year. Roll on 2021 and fingers crossed the virus goes away so we can actually live a little more next year
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re off to Corfu on the 20th for a sailing holiday...
I’m on bended knees praying it goes ahead 🙏🏽🤞🏼