Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

We've booked for 3 weeks in Aug. The way I see it is that even if mask wearing is mandatory at the parks, it won't be at the water parks, or in our private villa with a pool, and probably not at the swimming pool of the hotel either. So we will mix it up a bit. We will be very used to wearing masks by the time August comes round and frankly I'm very happy to be able to book and look forward to a holiday at all.

So yes although there will probably not be parades or fireworks or anything like that, Florida will still be fantastic for us regardless.
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Most people I guess booking for Florida have a few people in the booking so it needs planning and saving for. I'm not saying single or smaller groups don't go or need planning but with a big group it's harder from my experiences and a £100 flight saving to a single person isn't too huge but to a family with kids of let's say 5 then that's £500. Or in previous trips where we've had 12 going then it's a massive overall saving of £1200.

I think most who have booked something have made sure it's got cancel cover so if things aren't back to how they want, and everyone's vision of what they want is different, then there's the option to cancel or move the holiday.

We've booked on the BA cancel option thing. And all accom also free cancel policy.

We have decided against Disney as there's too many what if scenarios in our eyes for the cost needed.

We'll be doing the DC 3 park deal so possibly some mask wearing but no one really knows at this moment or of flights will even be going. But we're prepared and happy(ish) to wear them as we won't be in a park every day.
Then at the end we have a long weekend in a cabin up weeki wachee hopefully chilling out.

Yeah I think most on here, us included, are perhaps a bit mad booking but if u hang about not looking ahead for 101 reasons then life is going to pass u by.
I'd rather be looking back in X years telling the grandkids how bad we had it with masks but we still battled to Florida rather than ahhh if only we booked.

Everyone's scenarios are different with health, finance, fear etc etc and there's no real right or wrong about booking next year and it's individual/family choice. We personally like to have something booked to save for and look forward to planning things building the excitement up during this lockdown and hard times.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ABZDisney View Post
As much as we'd love to go back to Florida next year, we just don't see enough of the restrictions being lifted to make it worth our while.
The parades, meet & greets, fireworks etc are some of the things that we enjoy the most so to have them gone or severely reduced is a major sticking point for us.
We also like to park hop, so with no word on when that is coming back as well, we have decided to pin our hopes on 2022.
We'll hopefully make it to DLP in 2021 for our Disney fix.

We understand why people are booking for next year & would not offer up a negative opinion on their choice, it's up to them what they decide to do.

The shorter hours and inability to park hop made me hesitate a little bit but I think we can plan differently and still enjoy it, and I am comfortable with that. I am going in a hotter month than normal so don’t think I would be as up for park hopping anyway. We are not bothered about fireworks, parades or meet and greets so that doesn’t effect us. I guess the main concern is the mask as neither of us get on with them very well and especially not when it is hot. But it is a long time until we need to make a decision and we are fully prepared to cancel if need be.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Yep - definitely helps having something to look forward to - our flights can be delayed up to a year, for no additional admin charges, so that swung it for us.

Maybe there'll be some meds by then and we can wave goodbye to the masks!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

You're not being grumpy at all, just realistic. And for the exact reservations you have quoted (plus no Dining Plan, Fast Passes etc) we've decided to pass on next year.

We'll put our money somewhere safe and, maybe, return to Florida when there aren't so many compromises to make.
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Definitely not grumpy ... All of this what ifs is really not fun but that will be the world we live in for who knows how long.
Alot of those things have crossed most people's mind including myself. It really helps me having something to look forward to. I must admit sometimes I get carried away with planning and then forget that it may not happen at all / is it even worth it.
I'm planning on going in october 2021 but we will only be going if my then 3 year old won't have to wear a mask. A big if.
So with that in mind, and how things are looking in FL it is a total gamble. I'm very back and forth with committing to booking something even if I can cancel nearer the time. Just because I don't want to be upset and lose yet another holiday.

It is really hard and I totally understand where you're coming from.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Yes we are all nuts... its called "Addiction!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am aiming to go to Orlando in September but only planning one day at the Disney parks and save the full on 2 weeks experience for May 2022. I will cancel if masks are still required then but its worth risking a low deposit to have something planned in

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Things are unlikely to be much different next year than they are this year. This is the new normal.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Not grumpy at all, we had to cancel our Easter trip this year and rebooked for Easter 2021. I was adamant if we were able to go we would and just accept the restrictions. However, the more I thought about it the more I wasn't prepared to pay all that money and not get the full experience, and after wearing a mask for 10 minutes not sure I could do it all day.
However, everything may change over the next six months and restrictions lifted, who knows! However, I just made the decision to not take the risk and have cancelled again and booked for Easter 2022... but again, who knows if I'll even go then!
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List