Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

We’ve booked for next August with BA flydrive and only paid deposit, plus our Villa deposit was moved over from last year. If we cancel that we will only get 50% of it back or can move again.
Yes to some we may seem a bit nuts but in reality, planning and looking forward to it is the only thing keeping me sane right now!
I still have hope of an approved vaccine by then, even if only high risk groups are vaccinated it will change things dramatically so I don’t think all measures in the parks will be as they are now. If they are though we’re ok with that as our kids are teens/young adults. If they were under 12’s we wouldn’t want to go under current conditions
petit-pois is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I booked Christmas 2021 at the Yacht Club... ( something I always wanted to do- spend Christmas away... and now family circumstances allow it).
I’ve only paid a deposit... and I can always push it back a year. It’s just nice to dream.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
We love Florida and have been lucky enough to go 5 years running up till this year.

This year we had those cheap Thomas Cook direct flights from Manchester for Aug 2020 - we've never flown direct before as the cost was always so prohibitive and the indirect prices saved so much it paid for most of the accommodation or tickets!

Obviously we all know what happened - they went and then the pandemic.

We've been looking for 2021 and just got those cheap directs from Man - Air France/Virgin code shares.

But, and here's the rub, are we all nuts?

Even in 2021, the holiday experience is unlikely to be the same or even close to what we've remembered and experienced before.

12 hours of mask wearing just for the travelling
Fighting with kids to keep it on
Masks in hotels, parks, most public places
The worry of contracting just before and during the holiday
Some things are still closed or have restricted hours
Possible flight cancellations
Waiting months for money back or travel voucher to rebook

Is this really worth it given the expense and expected enjoyment we all want from a Florida Holiday?

...or maybe I'm just ..Grumpy
We had a holiday to Lanzarote booked for this month we decided to move to May and change to Orlando.
When we moved it in July we really thought things would be fine for May but now I’m not at all confident.
If all the restrictions are still in place we’ll either cancel or move it again.
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re also booking on a deposit/refundable basis. We were really lucky this year and didn’t need to go to insurance at all so I’d like to be in the same position should we need if for next year.

Like everyone else who has booked I need it for my mental health. I personally can’t really deal with comments like “it’ll be exactly the same next year” and “new normal”. If it turns out that way there’s not much I can do but right now I can hope that things are at least heading in the right way by next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I have just moved our early June 2021 to mid August. Started to panic about having to commit to paying balances in late February and Ireland are so restrictive. Main reason for June was to go as family of 5 but DS is unsure about joining us anyway so decided to push it as late as we can before uni starts again to give the rest of us a chance to see how things are going. Have left him on bookings in August anyway as apparently it is easier to take him out than add him later!
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

Our December holiday has been cancelled and rebooking has taken away some of the disappointment around that trip. We have booked for August with the new offer that came out and the free cancellations. I’m yet to book flights but even they seem to now be letting you move free of charge to another date. I’m 50/50 as to whether we will end up actually going but being able to have something to look forward too helps us get through this testing time for us anyway. The kids don’t know so they won’t be disappointed if we don’t go, but me and partner enjoy thinking of the ways we can surprise them and watching people’s vlogs and generally just getting excited about the memories we are yet to make. Maybe that makes us sad aswell as nuts 😂
bigdreams is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

I’m trying to remain positive, I’ve booked for September 21 but I don’t have any major issues wearing the masks. For me it’s worth it. We did turkey this year and I still enjoyed it with the restrictions in place.
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

May as well cancel all 2021 trips and I certainly wouldn't be booking anything. - Not going to happen. Happy for you to quote me at a later date.
Think 2022 guys & don’t put yourself through the stress 👍
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TiggerRocks
Trying for More Ears

We paid for flights for May 2021 back on 1st March. Now I am desperately hoping they don’t lift the travel ban and we can get a refund. It’s just not going to be the holiday we originally paid for but it’s flight only so if they fly we either go or lose the money. We would go but would prefer not too.
TiggerRocks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
May as well cancel all 2021 trips and I certainly wouldn't be booking anything. - Not going to happen. Happy for you to quote me at a later date.
Think 2022 guys & don’t put yourself through the stress 👍
It’s not really stress though is it? I mean most of us are going in with eyes wide open. This may not happen but it’s nice to hope that it will and plan for it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List