Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 16, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Fieldway
Trying for More Ears

Here now, medical issue!

Hi all
I am a bit of a lurker and I'm sorry to be asking for help!
We are here now, having a lovely time, mostly.
Dh has had a small fat lump on his back for a while, never caused any bother. He had never shown a doctor.
In the last few days it has become red and sore and grown a bit, he now can't lean back on a chair without discomfort 😞
We are staying at BLT and have insurance with our nationwide bank account.
He spoke to reception tonight who have given him two leaflets. He is thinking of calling centra care in the morning and getting there as early as he can.
Is this the right thing to do?! Should we call nationwide first?

Thanks for any help or advice
Camilla
Fieldway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyj
Trying for More Ears

Hi I would phone your bank first. Might be best to say that it has just appeared as they may not be covered if you could have had it looked at before you left. Hope you get it sorted out and it's nothing to serious
tracyj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes call nationwide first. They probably have a arrangement with or will prefer you to use a certain place.
You will also need them to authorise payment
There is an excess unless you paid the supplement
Good luck
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Fieldway
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for your help, realised after I posted its the middle of the night at home!
We have decided to phone nationwide as early as we can be awake and take it from there; will cancel centra if necessary and go elsewhere but at least we have a reservation!
Thanks and fingers crossed it's easily solved!

Cx
Fieldway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

If it's suddenly painful do you think it's as simple as an infected, ingrown hair?
Hope your husband is sorted soon.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes def. call insurance co first so they can advise of their choice of place to go for treatment/examination. If you just go to any place then insurance may reject your claim and you could be left with a large bill. Do not mention DH has had it for awhile, just say it suddenly appeared. From my experience with USA health with MIL, she fell over and broke a bone, the fire brigade responded first and suggested we take her in the car to hospital or they would give us a large bill for transport. They got her in the car for us and off we went. Insurance co was great but we contacted them first for advice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fieldway View Post
Hi all
I am a bit of a lurker and I'm sorry to be asking for help!
We are here now, having a lovely time, mostly.
Dh has had a small fat lump on his back for a while, never caused any bother. He had never shown a doctor.
In the last few days it has become red and sore and grown a bit, he now can't lean back on a chair without discomfort 😞
We are staying at BLT and have insurance with our nationwide bank account.
He spoke to reception tonight who have given him two leaflets. He is thinking of calling centra care in the morning and getting there as early as he can.
Is this the right thing to do?! Should we call nationwide first?

Thanks for any help or advice
Camilla
Hope you get sorted OP and as others have said call insurance first. I have used Centra Care for treatment and while getting in and getting registered was a hassle from that point on the service was fantastic. I wouldnt hesitate to use them again.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Google sebaceous/epidermoid cyst as they are very common and can suddenly become infected after years of slow growth. Can you get advise from a walk in chemist/pharmacy and if needed purchase antibiotics.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

I recently had a sebaceous cyst under my arm - painful for a day or 2 then cleared itself without need for antibiotics. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is something similar.
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

We had to make a claim in 2013 on bank travel insurance (HSBC, though, not nationwide). Id assume most insureres operate in a similar fashion.

Our one year old son fell and broke his arm. We called the bank, they gave us a list of approved providers, and off we went. Service was amazing, the hospital took our details and insurers details, called the insurer to confirm and we didnt pay a penny. Easy peasy.

Bear in mind that if he tells the doctor that its just appeared it might affect their investigation/diagnosis.
LCS2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread