Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow the I4!

Been up and down the I4 a few times now since getting here on Wednesday, this road has got worse with every holiday. The traffic jams combined with such poor driving makes it worse than the M25! It wasn't like this on our first visit in 1993

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

It’s so horrendous! A 15 min trip was taking us at least an hour. There was so many accidents too!
We either had to set out the crack of dawn or wait until it calmed down about 11am. We had to avoid going back to the villa between 3-7 pm too which was not always possible so we spent aload of time on the I4 😡
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jojos
Excited about Disney

Definitely agree the driving has become a lot worse! And busier!
jojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s makes visiting Universal a miserable experience if not staying on site.

Last week, the I-4 was gridlock from Universal to Disney at 10pm!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loobey73
Gone all Goofy

Definitely got a lot worse since we were last there. But then we were on the 192 that time. But I think all the traffic has increased. We finally found away to avoid the I4 from champions gate near the end of the holiday. Which was a little to late by then. We couldn't believe a Sunday at 11.30 we were stuck in traffic
loobey73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loobey73 View Post
Definitely got a lot worse since we were last there. But then we were on the 192 that time. But I think all the traffic has increased. We finally found away to avoid the I4 from champions gate near the end of the holiday. Which was a little to late by then. We couldn't believe a Sunday at 11.30 we were stuck in traffic
Please tell me the better way to go to avoid the i4 because we stay at Championsgate?

Edited at 08:20 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Please tell me the better way to go to avoid the i4 because we stay at Championsgate?
Go up old lake Wilson road. It is getting busier but works for us.

If traffic is v bad on the I4 we go up old lake Wilson road and then pay toll on the 429 and for universak drop down on the Florida turnpike. Longer but often quicker.

Also has the benefit of taking us nearer to teak and yellow dog eats !

For Disney can go that way but then pop out at four corners nd use Sherberth road.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We visited Leu Gardens in May for the first time and used "Here we go" on Joan's phone for only the second time in all our visits. The first time was when we fancied coming home from AMI via Zolpho Springs and Frostproof instead of I-75 and I-4.

So we followed "Here" from Highgate via the 429 and 408 but the last 3 or 4 miles did take us on I-4 Downtown before leaving towards Leu. They'd even merged two off ramps.

The return trip cost maybe $12 in tolls including the Alamo fee but we kept going at about 60mph all the way.

Mick
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loobey73 View Post
Can you let me know what route you took please? We are near Championsgate and it was awful in 2016.

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s makes visiting Universal a miserable experience if not staying on site.

Last week, the I-4 was gridlock from Universal to Disney at 10pm!
we never use the I-4 for this, if we are traveling from disney to universal we always go past disney springs to 'crossroads' then vineland road and international drive and vice versa

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List