Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

How on earth did that happen ?

Went online today at lunchtime (not dead on noon) to book some random FP's for what will be day 7 of our holiday- picked magic Kingdom , thought it might be nice to go in the evening and see the fireworks and SOMEHOW got 5 FP's for 7DMT at 8.30 pm ! How did this happen? Is there something else going on at 8.30 ? Did i just dream it all ? And we're offsite ...
Seriously though, is there something I'm missing here...
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Nice one!

People change plans all the time. Disney sometimes release extra FP. Always worth checking often to look for FP you still want!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Similar for me. I’m 60 days out and got one at 6.50pm earlier today. I took it, even though I thought we may be too jet lagged to last that late. I had a quick look later and got for midday instead which is perfect for our plans.

We only have a 1 night stay and the rest of the holiday is a 30 day window, so can’t believe my luck. All I need is FOP and I’ll be happy!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I cancelled a Mine Train for one evening in the afternoon the same day. Been on it a number of times and decided not to stay late at the Park so cancelled. A.ways worth a try
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have just got back from two weeks at Disney and the parks are incredibly quiet, much quieter than when we went in October.
Disney seem to be exaggerating their wait times as well; Killamanjaro Safari said 70 minutes and it took 22 minutes, Everest said 65 minutes and it took 25 minutes, Space Mountain said 75 minutes and it took 35 minutes. Our (conspiracy) theory is that Disney plan on charging for Fastpass soon in the way Universal do.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t have a problem getting evening 7dmt when off-site last October, I didn’t think it was a particularly difficult fp to get anymore? I couldn’t get fop and I had to pass on the only sdd fp I could find because we had other plans. But everything else I wanted to fp was there at 30 days offsite.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Carriedaydream View Post
Went online today at lunchtime (not dead on noon) to book some random FP's for what will be day 7 of our holiday- picked magic Kingdom , thought it might be nice to go in the evening and see the fireworks and SOMEHOW got 5 FP's for 7DMT at 8.30 pm ! How did this happen? Is there something else going on at 8.30 ? Did i just dream it all ? And we're offsite ...
Seriously though, is there something I'm missing here...
I think it has worked out well for you because you are spending just the evening in the park. But most people would not really want to pre-book an 8:30pm FP because it will then stop them picking up extras throughout the day. If that were my only option for a FP for example, I would probably not take it. So I don't think it is especially surprising and it is getting easier to get now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List