Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Feb 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
barnyard
Excited about Disney

Mobile Board walk restaurants

Hi want to book the big river grill and brewing works restaurant at boardwalk does anyone know if you can make reservations there? Would like to eat and then walk over to Epcot for the evening illuminations in August.. also can you park at the restaurant? Thank you
barnyard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
Hi want to book the big river grill and brewing works restaurant at boardwalk does anyone know if you can make reservations there? Would like to eat and then walk over to Epcot for the evening illuminations in August.. also can you park at the restaurant? Thank you
You can't book the big river grille through normal Disney dining. You can ring the restaurant direct or I believe some 3rd party websites allow you to book there ( I'm not sure which sorry). There is parking at The Boardwalk hotel which is available free of charge (at the moment) to dining guests BUT it is a large hotel and often parking can be a challenge. They sometimes stipulate that the only spaces available are for valet parking ($25!) You can just turn up and put your name down on the list for a table, spend your time watching the entertainment on the Boardwalk itself with a pager for when your table is ready, but you are not guaranteed to get a table as it can get very busy.
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
barnyard
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Brilliant thanks for that think we shall park at Epcot and walk seems easier! Have you eaten there? You know if it's good?
barnyard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I asked this question just the other day. You can book through the Open Table app if you wanted it booked before you go
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
barnyard
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you always really helpful people on here 😊
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I found the food at Big River Grill so so at best, there are better options on the boardwalk.

The beer is great though :-)))
Old 14 May 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I found the food at Big River Grill so so at best, there are better options on the boardwalk.

The beer is great though :-)))
Which are the better options at the Boardwalk please?

And do you need reservations?
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
Which are the better options at the Boardwalk please?
Big River's fine for a drink or two but the food menu is almost like an afterthought. ESPN is similar but I rate the food and ambience better but then again I like sports bars. Rarely have to book ADR unless it's a sports night.

Flying Fish is the best along the Boardwalk but is a signature restaurant. Cape May Cafe across at Beach Club used to be regular of ours. Yachtsman another signature at Yacht Club - gets great reviews. Trattoria is an Italian on the Boardwalk but never eaten there. Decent if unspectacular reviews. And as well as the aforementioned Beaches and Cream there's the recently opened Ale and Compass at Yacht Club. All seem to be rated more highly than Big river Grille.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Big River's fine for a drink or two but the food menu is almost like an afterthought. ESPN is similar but I rate the food and ambience better but then again I like sports bars. Rarely have to book ADR unless it's a sports night.

Flying Fish is the best along the Boardwalk but is a signature restaurant. Cape May Cafe across at Beach Club used to be regular of ours. Yachtsman another signature at Yacht Club - gets great reviews. Trattoria is an Italian on the Boardwalk but never eaten there. Decent if unspectacular reviews. And as well as the aforementioned Beaches and Cream there's the recently opened Ale and Compass at Yacht Club. All seem to be rated more highly than Big river Grille.
Thanks for the response.

I think we are just going to leave two evenings free of reservations as we have Be Our Guest and Yak and Yeti booked for lunch on those two days so not sure how hungry we will those evenings, plus its nice to not have everything planned to the minute. Be quite nice to have one evening just strolling the boardwalk eating / drinking at our leisure.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
Thanks for the response.

Be quite nice to have one evening just strolling the boardwalk eating / drinking at our leisure.
It's a good idea - lovely location for a stroll in the evening with the street acts - maybe a trip to Jellyrolls?

Best bets for a walk up meal would be ESPN, Ale and Compass or your original query, Big River. If you didn't fancy a Table Service, then my favourite Counter Service is plum in the middle of Boardwalk - the Boardwalk Bakery. Sit outside watch the world go by.

If you fancied a drink in a quiet, friendly location, then can recommend the Belle Vue Lounge just off the reception of Boardwalk Inn. Only small but comfortable seating nd the barman - Allan - has been there years and part of the furniture.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List