Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

Question MSC Seaside - Mixed Reviews?

Has anyone been on a Caribbean cruise on the MSC Seaside?
This is a new MSC cruise ship which seems to have mixed reviews. We are hoping that by next summer any teething problems will be resolved.
Having been with the Royal Caribbean on a Caribbean cruise last year and this year and found them to be excellent we were wondering whether to try the MSC Seaside from Miami as their prices seem to be very competitive.
Will we be disappointed?
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We went on the seaside in January when it was 3 weeks old. The ship is fabulous. I can only compare it though to a royal Caribbean cruise we went on last year. I would have no hesitation in booking it again. Although the ship is very large with I think 5000 passengers the only time we felt the crowds was on sea days. You have to be up early to get a sun bed and they are packed in with very little space in between.

Food and service was great. Never without a drink although sometimes the buffet was repetitive. We had a balcony room which was lovely and new and nice and spacious.

Lots of Europeans I would say about 40% Italian. Only about 10% british but we didn’t mind that. The rest were American /Canadian.

You wont be disappointed I’m sure. Loved it just as much as the RC cruise. We were going to book for next year however celebrity was coming up a better deal
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

You are probably aware that there are lots of up to date reviews on Cruisecritic. MSC are trying to adapt their traditional systems and service to meet the requirements of a demanding US market. Many of the criticisms that I have read seem not to be about bad service or food, but that it was ‘different’. I can’t understand why someone would choose an Italian cruise line and then whinge because it wasn’t like RCCL or Carnival!

Edited at 07:52 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
You are probably aware that there are lots of up to date reviews on Cruisecritic. MSC are trying to adapt their traditional systems and service to meet the requirements of a demanding US market. Many of the criticisms that I have read seem not to be about bad service or food, but that it was ‘different’. I can’t understand why someone would choose an Italian cruise line and then whinge because it wasn’t like RCCL or Carnival!
Probably the same ilk of people who go to Thailand and complain they can't get a Sunday roast with Bisto gravy!
Our TA has a group booking for the Seaside in April so I'll post her feedback once she returns.
Old 26 Mar 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks 👍
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Probably the same ilk of people who go to Thailand and complain they can't get a Sunday roast with Bisto gravy!
Our TA has a group booking for the Seaside in April so I'll post her feedback once she returns.
we are on this cruise and part of the huge group booking... so will also report back
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
we are on this cruise and part of the huge group booking... so will also report back
Better the info comes from you Kev as you'll have first hand experience.
have fun
Old 7 Apr 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Better the info comes from you Kev as you'll have first hand experience.
have fun
Hope you enjoy the Panama Cruise and please do a high's and low's or though there will not be many low's..