Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jun 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Regarding stock levels of cars at Alamo MCO. Remember for every plane full of PAX arriving, there will be a similar amount of PAX waiting to depart on that same aircraft. The ones leaving will have returned their cars, the ones arriving will be collecting theirs. I dont know how many flights a day go thro MCO, but you can see there will be constant changing of fleet. As Tom said most times I have flown into MCO the selection lines at Alamo have been stacked full.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyDC5
Getting to know the DIBB

To be honest being on my own with loads of time I’m sure I’ll come away happy 😀
MickyDC5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MickyDC5 View Post
I suppose you could alternate between A and B garages until you find the ideal car collecting some Starbucks as you pass.

The problem may be though is that you spot a car that ticks 90% of your list on side A but can't resist another trip to side B to find nothing there and returning to side A and find it's gone.

Mick

Edited at 09:52 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyDC5
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I suppose you could alternate between A and B garages until you find the ideal car collecting some Starbucks as you pass.

The problem may be though is that you spot a car that ticks 90% of your list on side A but can't resist another trip to side B to find nothing there and returning to side A and find it's gone.

Mick
Oh can you do that? How far apart are they? Maybe I should tag the wife and kids and split between both garages with walkie talkies 🤣
MickyDC5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Seriously just get a car from CCC or pick one up at the airport on arrival.
Chevy Traverse is best of standard SUVs had one was excellent. Duncanb will advise, he is the Dibb car quality expert.

If you feel you must go back to choose, I’d think that very early in morning would have best stocks, say between 3 and 7 am.

But...
I’ve just read on other forums that the best stock of cars are available at 3:17am on the second Tuesday of each month.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Oh can you do that? How far apart are they? Maybe I should tag the wife and kids and split between both garages with walkie talkies 🤣
MCO is basically a symmetrical mirror image and the car hire desks and garages are replicated on sides A and B.

This plan will help. I've never used it but I think the DME departs from side B.

orlandoairports/getting-...#terminal-maps

The garages are at level 1 (basically ground level) and you can only cross in the main concourse at level 3. So you'd need cross back over the road from garage A, up the escalator/stairs/lift to level 3, walk across the concourse then down to level 1 and over the road to garage B. Then the whole thing in reverse to garage A again.

Mick
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
MCO is basically a symmetrical mirror image and the car hire desks and garages are replicated on sides A and B.

This plan will help. I've never used it but I think the DME departs from side B.

orlandoairports/getting-...#terminal-maps

The garages are at level 1 (basically ground level) and you can only cross in the main concourse at level 3. So you'd need cross back over the road from garage A, up the escalator/stairs/lift to level 3, walk across the concourse then down to level 1 and over the road to garage B. Then the whole thing in reverse to garage A again.

Mick
Or you could talk to one of the garage reps and they will go and get the car you want, if they have it. They will check the other garage, and the return and preparation area, and maybe even National Car Hire to see if they have any. That will cost you no more than a tip to the person.
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Or you could talk to one of the garage reps and they will go and get the car you want, if they have it. They will check the other garage, and the return and preparation area, and maybe even National Car Hire to see if they have any. That will cost you no more than a tip to the person.
Or, when there's just the two of us, you go straight to garage B and pick the nicest, newest, lowest mileage car in the full size row. Then you're through the exit barrier inside 10 minutes.

Strange selection on 14 April though. An 8 seater van, 3 or 4 trucks and a similar number of Hyundai Sonatas and Nissan Altimas.

We chose the latter and it got us from A to B (as in places in Florida - not garages at MCO ) in complete safety and comfort.

Mick