Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jun 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

Budget beware

Hi , If hiring a car just be careful of being charged for insurance you don’t want or need . we arrived into Orlando yesterday and went to collect our car from Budget . My husband went to sign the screen when I noticed a charge of $9.99 a day , I said what’s this and he said personal insurance. I said no we’ve paid up front were fully covered. He said not for personal accident. I said I have travel insurance to which he replied that only covers your flights and bags not if you need to go to hospital and be flown home etc. I said it does were covered and made him take it off . If I hadn’t of looked over my husbands shoulder we would of had a nice bill of $159 when we got home. My husband said he had heard him say right let’s get you guys fully covered and on your way but didn’t think anything if it . So just be really careful. Makes me so mad , we hire cars in different states all the time and it’s only in Orlando that we get the hard sell and rip off tactics .
Old 11 Jun 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Always nice to see these reminders on here. Trust nobody be it Budget, Alamo or Avis etc. They are all at it.
It will continue as long as they pay commission for upselling sadly.

PAI for British travellers is a total waste of money.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

We were on an internal flight after visiting Memphis , luckily not tired after a long haul flight where you just want to get out of the airport to your hotel and just sign .
Old 11 Jun 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

This is so frustrating that they are allowed to do this and try such underhand tactics. Really ruins what should be a stress free experience and makes people worry.
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I know some fall for it but I view it like cold callers - a game to be played.

My Wife goes nuts with me at the exit barrier as I read the agreement they generate at least 3 times. I care not about the queue behind me.

Patience, being switched on and immune to sales tactics always works. However I am never rude, just forceful.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Yep, they know Brits are tired after a long transatlantic flight and play on that. I always check and sign nothing unless it says zero to pay at the end. Always amazes me people just sign the document without even looking at it.
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ed6886
Earning More Ears

ed6886's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
very much appreciate this post, we usually book with alamo and haven't had problems but we're going for a lot longer than normal this time and alamo was so expensive, we found budget to be a good price and I've been a little worried about it for some reason. I will definitely be vigilant at the desk.

Can I ask, do you get allocated a car with budget or is it a similar thing with alamo where you go and choose your car from a category in the parking garage?
ed6886 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I think the desk clerks even have a special name for us, and they love the brits as they are so easy to upsell to Once stood behind some poor soul in the Dollar queue getting sold everything, toll passes, some strange version of sat nav, the clerk was so happy he didn't even bother trying it on with me

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Budget are the biggest chancers and if it's a choice between no hire care and having to hire from Budget, well I'll be using Uber.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ed6886 View Post
very much appreciate this post, we usually book with alamo and haven't had problems but we're going for a lot longer than normal this time and alamo was so expensive, we found budget to be a good price and I've been a little worried about it for some reason. I will definitely be vigilant at the desk.

Can I ask, do you get allocated a car with budget or is it a similar thing with alamo where you go and choose your car from a category in the parking garage?
We were allocated a car but hubby wasn't happy with it so he asked could we change and they let us