Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Questions on the dining plan

Hey guys

we are doing dining plan for the first time ever this year and have some questions on it and i hope you can help answer it...

we arrive at 5pm on the first night so will probably use only a TSC or CS credit... does that mean the remainder will carry over?

with table service, does it mean we can have any entree and dessert from the standard menu or are they individually stickered with what we can have?

if we wanted to pay for alcohol, do we pay that difference at the end of the meal?

if we wanted to eat at a table service restaurant in a hotel thats not ours can we do so ?

are dole whips classed as a snack?

please help

thanks

Joe
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdmd2004 View Post
Hey guys

we are doing dining plan for the first time ever this year and have some questions on it and i hope you can help answer it...

we arrive at 5pm on the first night so will probably use only a TSC or CS credit... does that mean the remainder will carry over?

with table service, does it mean we can have any entree and dessert from the standard menu or are they individually stickered with what we can have?

if we wanted to pay for alcohol, do we pay that difference at the end of the meal?

if we wanted to eat at a table service restaurant in a hotel thats not ours can we do so ?

please help

thanks

Joe
All your credits are applied at the start of your trip you can use them as and when you want. e.g. 3 one day none the next no restrictions from check in util midnight the day you check out.
You can eat in any TS you want but it's worth making an advance dining reservation (ADR) which for popular restaurants can be booked from 180 days out. Normally you can have any entree and eany desert except perhaps sharing desserts although some have been able to pool credits for sharing desserts. You can just pay for your alcohol when you pay the tip, or charge it you your room and pay later. And yes Dole whips really are a snack credit :-)

Edited at 06:36 PM.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

If you're new to the dining plan, I'd highly recommend looking at this thread which will answer all of your questions, plus a few you probably haven't even thought of. Just the first post alone has loads of great information:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=873045

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdmd2004 View Post
Hey guys

we arrive at 5pm on the first night so will probably use only a TSC or CS credit... does that mean the remainder will carry over? Yes they will - you will probably just want a quick service meal the first night, You are credited with the whole trips meal credits and can have them whenever you want until you run out - they expire midnight of the day you check out

with table service, does it mean we can have any entree and dessert from the standard menu or are they individually stickered with what we can have? Whatever you like as long as it doesn't say I think serves 2 ie some desserts like the volcano at T Rex you would have to club together. Some add ons like lobster tails are not included at certain places.

Yes you do - along with the tip at table service meals (lots of info on tips but no debating aloud on the subject).

You can eat at any park or resort as long as lots Disney owed including Disney Springs

Yes! Enjoy

please help

thanks

Joe
Answers in your original text x
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Mobile

These are great thanks guys
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
As all other queries have been answered I will answer the alcohol question!

You can order bottles of wine, we had red at be our guest, or cocktails, we had several at too many restaurants to list or you can order beer and single glasses of wine, or wine and beer flights at all the TS restaurants we ate at.

The servers are fine with charging the meals as credits and then paying for the alcohol and tip as cash or you can charge to your room using your magic bands. It's really easy and lots of tasty treats available.

Have fun

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

All helpful advice, I would say you may not feel like a full sit-down TS meal on your first night, we usually drag ourselves bleary eyed to the CS place and grab something quick there. Bear in mind you may land at 5pm but won't be in the hotel until around 7pm before you even think about unpacking/showering etc, that is midnight or later 'our' time so you will feel pretty shattered.

You can use the DDP in any location you fancy, it's a great reason to explore some of the other hotels, our favourites are AKL, WL and the Poly.

All the servers are pretty good at explaining things when you have a meal if you have any queries, most will ask from the outset if you are on the plan and will explain what you can and can't have (this can be a bit tiresome after a while though )

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
All helpful advice, I would say you may not feel like a full sit-down TS meal on your first night, we usually drag ourselves bleary eyed to the CS place and grab something quick there. Bear in mind you may land at 5pm but won't be in the hotel until around 7pm before you even think about unpacking/showering etc, that is midnight or later 'our' time so you will feel pretty shattered.
Completely agree with this. Save the TS meals for when you're awake and hungry enough to enjoy them

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

this is all amazing thanks so much guys
Old 17 Feb 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tallas77
Trying for More Ears

Hi

I have an extra question

If you are there for 7 nights; so 8 days; do you get the DDP for 7 nights or for the 8 days.

I know I can use the credits up to midnight on the day of check, but do I get credits for the check out day?

Thanks
tallas77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List