Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
I'm no expert at all but the heat may have been more of a worrying indicator? Extreme turns, whereas the rain/cooler is a bit more normal and reassuring? I'd just batten down the hatches and pray everything is all still there on Wednesday. Stay safe.
Never mind Wednesday, I'm hoping Tuesday!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Never mind Wednesday, I'm hoping Tuesday!
Lisa. Tuesday is looking good on AcuWeather

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
julie-ann
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RealLifeMermaid View Post
I know, it was quite frustrating! The weather was absolutely fine, no rain or wind but we weren't even allowed to sit outside with a coffee on the tables near the pool or Lake. They padlocked the gates to the pool and everything. Then a few hours later and the next day everyone was in the pool as normal. Then Friday it was closed again, even the indoor pool area and steam room.

No hurricane advice or info on the closures on the resort tv so unless you had an apartment overlooking the pool like us you had to trek down with all your pool stuff only to discover it was all closed. I spent a lot of time on the balcony on "Pool Watch" 😂, "They're handing out towels again, it's open, quick get down!" "Nope...closed again" 😂.
lol I like pool watch, we were confused why it was safe to walk around ssr but not the newly built Disney springs
Old 10 Sep 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lisa. Tuesday is looking good on AcuWeather
Thanks Mr Tom - we have FoP FP that we don't want to miss!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
julie-ann
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
DIsney Rules - Last year we took DS's 18 yr old GF with us. One particular day we went to MK and we entered the park at 8am. We'd been in the park approximately 4 hrs and been seen by probably dozens of CMs when a CM came up to her in the queue for Stitch and said she was being given a voucher to go and get a t-shirt for free at any store in the park and she had to go and get one and wear it. The poor girl was mortified!

WHat was she wearing?

A crotcheted top which had lining in in the appropriate areas but it was a halter neck top and also fastened in a bow around her back too. The CM said it could come undone too easily!

DS's GF went and got a t-shirt after we exited Stitch but never actually wore it. She was seen by lots more CMs again during the day as we did not leave the park until after Wishes and nobody else said anything to her.
Omg I've heard it all now, but they don't mind people wearing swimming costumes on the buses!
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
julie-ann
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
Disney springs is officially closed that is why you were not allowed to wander around it

your resort is not closed and not yet under Curfew so you are allowed to wander around the resort
Yeah the shops are closed but to tell me for my safety I can't walk there,but it's fine 20 meters away is just crazy
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by julie-ann View Post
Yeah the shops are closed but to tell me for my safety I can't walk there,but it's fine 20 meters away is just crazy
the magic kingdom is also closed so would you expect them to allow you to wander around there?

Edited at 06:11 PM.
force ten is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by julie-ann View Post
Too many hut type structures and street furniture in Disney Springs that together make it unsafe. I was looking at it yesterday as part of my old job was risk mitigation and I was mulling it over as I walked around.
I would also have closed it as well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
julie-ann
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
the magic kingdom is also closed so you you expect them to allow you to wander around there?
No I'd need a ticket to get in there
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Too many hut type structures and street furniture in Disney Springs that together make it unsafe. I was looking at it yesterday as part of my old job was risk mitigation and I was mulling it over as I walked around.
I would also have closed it as well.
DS is also a very large area to try to contain, so it will be for the safety of all the staff too.

There is a real danger of projectiles with this weather.

Stay safe OP
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List