Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 3 Jan 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Disney honeymoon with a toddler?!

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice! I get married later this year (18th November - Mickey's 90th birthday!) and I would love to back to Florida for our honeymoon as my hubby to be has never been! We have a little boy who will be almost 2 at the time and we are torn about taking him with us! We really want to take him but some people have said that its our honeymoon and we should go and enjoy oursleves, but if we went to Florida I would want to take him with us as its just so magical!

What I would like to know is, how tricky is taking a little one round the parks? Is there anything you would recommend we do or don't do, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Susie83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I personally think you should have a mini- moon on your own for a few nights and then book a family holiday with your little boy...you would only miss him even more being in Disney without him ...😍 Bring a comfy buggy for him to sleep in and don't go in the hot season...sept/Oct would be less hot & humid.

Edited at 08:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Thanks, I couldn't go to Disney without him! Maybe a mini break then have time together is a good idea!

Susie83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did exactly as suggested, had a short break to Santorini just the two of us and then took our nearly 2 year old to Florida with us. We had an amazing time, he was still little enough to be wanting a nap in the afternoon so we’d either relax by the pool with him in the buggy or if we were in one of the parks chill out for a bit with a drink or do some of the bigger rides. We booked a meal at the Yachtsman steakhouse and amazingly it was the only meal he slept in the pushchair right through so we could enjoy it without worrying about him 😄. We also had some lovely photos taken by Randy Chapman which was another thing I’d recommend.

If you’ve been before, then it’s quite different and a lot slower paced with a toddler, but seeing it through their eyes is brilliant! We also did quite a few buffet meals as he ate for free and the food was available without waiting - a must for a hungry toddler😉.

We finished off with a week in Anna Maria Island, which was a great end and meant we came home more relaxed than if we’d have done nearly 3 weeks in Disney.

Happy to answer any more questions, we’re going back this year with a 4 year old and a nearly 2 year old as we enjoyed it so much!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List