Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile Cruise line for Norwegian Fjords?

Hi

I am looking for recommendations for cruise lines who go to the Fjords. Whilst I love DCL is doesn’t really work this time for lots of reasons I won’t bore you with...

I will want two cabins. 1 for me, DH & DD (12). Other would be for my sister & my Mum.

Particularly want the ability for my mums cabin to have twin beds...

Kids club not massively important as Dd hasn’t used them on our last 2 Disney cruises (she must be the one kid who doesn’t really enjoy them!)

I would also prefer a line that allows you to eat as and when you want rather than the assigned seating with Disney.

So far I have only looked at P&O and they look ok?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance x
Old 9 Mar 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We did the Fjords with P and O 10 years ago.

It was a nice place to visit and we enjoyed the cruise itself.
Old 9 Mar 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moodyblue View Post
Hi

I am looking for recommendations for cruise lines who go to the Fjords. Whilst I love DCL is doesn’t really work this time for lots of reasons I won’t bore you with...

I will want two cabins. 1 for me, DH & DD (12). Other would be for my sister & my Mum.

Particularly want the ability for my mums cabin to have twin beds...

Kids club not massively important as Dd hasn’t used them on our last 2 Disney cruises (she must be the one kid who doesn’t really enjoy them!)

I would also prefer a line that allows you to eat as and when you want rather than the assigned seating with Disney.

So far I have only looked at P&O and they look ok?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance x
I am cruising with P&O to the Fjords in July of this year with my Mum and sister to celebrate a significant birthday for Mum. We have cruised with P &O previously along with Norwegian Cruise Line and Celebrity. We did a big family group holiday in 2011 with P & O on Azura and we found them great for an inter-generational holiday. We had a superior deluxe cabin ( like a mini-suite) for myself, my husband and our youngest daughter. This was fabulous as it was a large cabin with sofa bed and bigger bathroom too. We then had my niece and eldest daughter in an inside cabin across the hallway from us, they were 19 and 17 so this was fine and we didn't want to pay for a balcony cabin for them . My parents and sister and her family also cruised with us and our bookings were linked which made it easy for dining and shore excursion purposes. It's not a problem to request twin beds and you are given the bed configuration options at booking. For dining we selected 'freedom dining' which allows you to turn up for dinner at time of your choice during the restaurant opening hours, you are given a pager if they can't seat you immediately. There are also some good 'select' dining options which attract a fairly modest supplement. Bar prices we found very reasonable, particularly compared to American lines and the entertainment and shows were much better than I expected.
I hope this helps a little

Edited at 04:37 PM.
CC71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Friends of ours sailed with P&O last year to the fjords I believe it was on AZura. They had a wonderful time. Got some fabulous photos,
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Not cruised with them yet, but we are about to book a fjords cruise with P&O, on Brittania.

The scenery looks just, well, spectacular!
and the ship looks good! (y)

Good to hear other cruisers have enjoyed their fjords cruises with P&O, they do seem a popular cruise line so I don't think we could go far wrong

Re: flexible dining, we're not seasoned cruisers as yet but all the cruise lines we have booked with so far we have been able to select an option so that we are not tied to a set dining time, I'm presuming P&O will have a similar option?

What time of year are you thinking of, Moodyblue?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Hi

Thanks everyone for their comments... Certainly helps!

We are thinking July/Aug 2019 so I am starting to look around. Would prefer to go from Dover/Southhampton but don't totally against flying into somewhere. Just need to make it as easy as possible for various reasons...

Thanks again and if anyone else has comments then please share
Old 9 Mar 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=Cloverlady;13116199]Not cruised with them yet, but we are about to book a fjords cruise with P&O, on Brittania.

Good to hear other cruisers have enjoyed their fjords cruises with P&O, they do seem a popular cruise line so I don't think we could go far wrong

Re: flexible dining, we're not seasoned cruisers as yet but all the cruise lines we have booked with so far we have been able to select an option so that we are not tied to a set dining time, I'm presuming P&O will have a similar option?

Cloverlady
Yes, you can book 'Freedom' dining with P&O which allows you to dine anytime that the freedom dining restaurant is open for dinner conversely, Club dining is traditional dining where by you dine at a set time and at the same table each evening. However P&O is a traditional cruise line in that they still have formal nights, typically 2 on a 7 night cruise. If you don't wish to participate in these you can go to the buffet and I think the restaurants that have an upcharge remain 'smart casual' on formal nights.
Old 9 Mar 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

[QUOTE=CC71;13116215]
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Not cruised with them yet, but we are about to book a fjords cruise with P&O, on Brittania.

Cloverlady
Yes, you can book 'Freedom' dining with P&O which allows you to dine anytime that the freedom dining restaurant is open for dinner conversely, Club dining is traditional dining where by you dine at a set time and at the same table each evening. However P&O is a traditional cruise line in that they still have formal nights, typically 2 on a 7 night cruise. If you don't wish to participate in these you can go to the buffet and I think the restaurants that have an upcharge remain 'smart casual' on formal nights.
Briiliant, thank you!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

We done our first cruise with P&0 last September had an amazing time, on the Azura, you have an option when you book for single beds if that’s what you prefer. Go for it, it’s amazing.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks again...

It looks like if you have a child with you, you don’t have the option of the double bed? Does anyone know if that’s right? Otherwise DD might have to share with Nana!