Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 7 Apr 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

Panic about the weather

I have booked a vow renewal for our silver weddibng anniversary at the beach. It is in August and the ceremony is at 6.30pm. For some silly reason I have not thought about the weather! Now having a panic as when were in Florida in August three years ago it rained lots! I have emailed the organiser and she said if it rains we simply change the date. But I will of course have paid to have mine nad my daughters hair and make up done and paid for the hotel we would be staying at overnight. Suddenly, thinking should I be having a rethink as the time can't really be much later in the day and she can't move it earlier. Now wondering if I should be changing to somewhere where we can go indoors if need be or at least can have a bit of flexibility if the weather is not kind to us. Any advice?
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Its more likely to rain in the afternoon in August as its the rainy season but its a lottery really. If it was me i would want an alternative inside area just in case it does rain.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

That is what I am now thinking! I maybe need to look at an alternative option. Just when I thought I was all sorted! I have paid my deposit but would rather lose it and feel happier!
Old 17 Apr 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

You can't predict the weather in Florida! We had 13 days of glorious sunshine and on our wedding day there was a tropical rain storm. This was in October. However, the celebrant and wedding planner saw a break in the clouds on the weather tracker so we delayed for half an hour and had the most perfect ceremony. Heavens opened just as we finished. Photographs are gorgeous.

But yes - have a plan B!
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

We got wed in September and the morning and afternoon was lush was so so warm then the evening the heavens opened and we had to cancel our firework cruise unfortunately you cant predict the weather.

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I picked a late morning ceremony in September for exactly this reason. Even though we have booked an outdoor ceremony our venue has a chapel too and if the worst happens we will relocate for an extra $100 which I'd rather pay than reschedule .
Originally I wanted late afternoon too but when I thought about it late morning works out better (except for the folks watching on line at home )

(We aren't at the beach though but near the Lakes) did you have your heart set on a beach ceremony ?

Edited at 10:43 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

No, I didn't have my heart set on a beach ceremony. We have now changed venues. It could be the same palce as you are going to! Its the Little Wedding Chapel at Eustis. Hoping to still have a ceremony outdoors but if it does pour down then we can go indoors.
Old 1 May 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cally73 View Post
No, I didn't have my heart set on a beach ceremony. We have now changed venues. It could be the same palce as you are going to! Its the Little Wedding Chapel at Eustis. Hoping to still have a ceremony outdoors but if it does pour down then we can go indoors.
Yes it is the same place
I think Theresa is lovely and so easy to work with .
Looks like you are there just a few weeks before us !

Edited at 11:45 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Yes it is the same place
I think Theresa is lovely and so easy to work with .
Looks like you are there just a few weeks before us !

She has been amazing with us. Getting excited now! Our renewal is August 22nd.