Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneykiddies
Trying for More Ears

Symphony of the Seas

Hi

Thinking of booking a Western Caribbean 7 night cruise with Royal Caribbean on Symphony of the Seas Easter 2019. Wondering if anyone has any experience of staying in a Royal Promenade Interior room (there's 2 adults and 2 kids - they'll be 12 and 4) as it's slightly bigger than a normal room?

Also, we're leaving from Miami so was thinking of staying there afterwards for 7 nights - any suggestions of a nice family friendly hotel with a good location? If not Miami, was thinking of the Keys but never been before! How long would it take to drive there from Miami and where is nice to stay in the Keys?

Any advice appreciated - thanks!
Disneykiddies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Can’t help with the room type but we have just booked this ship for easter 2020, our first holiday without DS! We will do 2 nights in Miami afterwards and have been recommend the National hotel South beach. We fancied the keys but just a bit too far for 2 nights.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Sorry, I can't help with the cabin.
We based ourselves in Key Largo which is only an hours drive from Miami. From there it is about a 2 hour drive to Key West which is the farthest point in the Keys, with plenty of lovely places in between.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneykiddies
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Sorry, I can't help with the cabin.
We based ourselves in Key Largo which is only an hours drive from Miami. From there it is about a 2 hour drive to Key West which is the farthest point in the Keys, with plenty of lovely places in between.
Thanks - can you recommend Key Largo with kids for a relaxing week? Any good hotel recommendations? Thanks again
Disneykiddies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed in a royal promenade room on Harmony of the Seas which is virtually the same as Symphony. We shared with our 19 year old son and 12 year old daughter which we thought was going to be a disaster ! It was fine. We really were hardly in the cabin. The shower room was the main problem as that was really small but we managed.
Son slept on the sofa bed and daughter on the pull out bed underneath. Our bed was a good king size. Cabin steward made the beds up every evening and we put away in a morning. We loved the cabin because it was the price of an inside cabin but with the extra window seat looking out to the promenade giving a bit of extra room and an extra seat. No noise at all from the promenade which I had worried about. I didn’t feel closed in like in an inside cabin because it felt that we had a “view”

I will look for photos and post some.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I did have better photos but I had a problem with my phone and lost a lot of them

Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneykiddies
Trying for More Ears

Thank you so much - that's really helpful and reassuring!
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneykiddies View Post
Thanks - can you recommend Key Largo with kids for a relaxing week? Any good hotel recommendations? Thanks again
We stayed at the Key West Bay Marriott and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
As two adults, we didn't look for things for children to do. We did visit the John Pennekamp state park, which is just down the road from the hotel and is well worth a visit with loads to do. There are places near the hotel to hire boats and snorkel stuff. There's the Turtle hospital, which is about 1.5 hours drive away, which I'm disappointed we didn't get to.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List