Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

7 day cruise from Barcelona

After sitting with the very lovely Bats on our flight to MCO a couple of weeks ago and having serious Disney withdrawals (I’ve been home 36 hours! ) we are now very interested in booking our first cruise.

I do have a few questions, if anyone could help...
Food is all included, just tips and alcohol?
Gives the option of front, middle and rear of boat, any advice?
Looking on Disney website, is this the best way to book?
Any recommendations on the excursions?

Any advice gratefully appreciated, this is totally new... & exciting!

Thanks
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I can help with some of your questions. Food is included bu5 gratuities and alcohol are extra. The alcohol is not too expensive either. If an6 of your party suffers from sea sickness, you should get less motion mid ship. Also choose your deck carefully - you don’t want to be just below/above anywhere noisy. Booking on the Disney website is easiest, but booking via a travel agent may mean getting an ‘on board credit’ ie a few $’s on your account that you can spend on ship. Re excursions I couldn’t answer this, but ask me again in 40 days time when I may be able to give you some answers. I would say book as soon as you can. We booked about a week later and one on the trips we wanted to do had sold out. Oh, and if your budget allows it, book a dinner at Palo (we normally opt to dine at Palo when it’s pirate night, but I know others love pirate night)
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fenland girl View Post
I can help with some of your questions. Food is included bu5 gratuities and alcohol are extra. The alcohol is not too expensive either. If an6 of your party suffers from sea sickness, you should get less motion mid ship. Also choose your deck carefully - you don’t want to be just below/above anywhere noisy. Booking on the Disney website is easiest, but booking via a travel agent may mean getting an ‘on board credit’ ie a few $’s on your account that you can spend on ship. Re excursions I couldn’t answer this, but ask me again in 40 days time when I may be able to give you some answers. I would say book as soon as you can. We booked about a week later and one on the trips we wanted to do had sold out. Oh, and if your budget allows it, book a dinner at Palo (we normally opt to dine at Palo when it’s pirate night, but I know others love pirate night)
Great, thanks a lot. Trying to get my head round if all. Palo looks great, will definitely give it a try. Have a great time!
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Check out my trippies and videos - link in my sig. we adored it!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked the 7 night Northern Europe for next August and booked through a YA as we got the same price as Disney but with some onboard credit. We prefer to be forward or midship as the one time we stayed aft we found it noise but that wasn’t Disney so it could have just been that ship!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Check out my trippies and videos - link in my sig. we adored it!
Thanks will have a look
Old 24 Apr 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We have booked the 7 night Northern Europe for next August and booked through a YA as we got the same price as Disney but with some onboard credit. We prefer to be forward or midship as the one time we stayed aft we found it noise but that wasn’t Disney so it could have just been that ship!
Thanks, who did you use?
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
Thanks, who did you use?
We used Deb at travel on a dream, She is fantastic and we have even used her for another cruise with a different cruise line since.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We booked ours through Deb at TOAD also. Such great service, loads of info, no dearer than booking direct, and the advantages of some onboard credit. Also we could cancel or amend the booking with no charges if we'd wanted.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hey Niki!

We got back from our Panama Canal cruise on Monday night, it was a great cruise with sunshine all the way - 2 weeks of putting weight on though (need PE seats to fit my bum in now)!

Lots of people have helped already of course, but have a quick read of the stickie thread at the top titles 'everything you need to know about DCL'. That should answer a few of your questions.

I would suggest, after experiencing your son and his travel sickness, that you book something midship and avoid the high decks. If midship is not available, go for forward cabins rather than aft (back).

Decks 3 and 4 have no cabins, so the highest you should go is 5. We like 5 (have just done an inside room for 2 weeks on 5). Deb at ToaD (Travel on a Dream) will be able to help you but make sure you tell her you have a sicky son!

Don't even think about excursions yet. Get yourself booked first, then we can all help you work out what you want to do with what time you have.

Was lovely to meet you and your family on the plane.

Joa