Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
We used this company a few weeks ago - it was great and I’d definitely recommend. We only booked about 2 days in advance.

If possible, I’d recommend booking it towards the start of your time in Monterey, just in case anything gets cancelled due to weather. We initially booked in Santa Barbara which got cancelled, so we were lucky we could squeeze it in at Monterey instead.

Very jealous of the Pebble Beach golfer. We went to have a look around and loved it, but didn’t play there. One for the bucket list!
Thanks! Yes he is excited about the golf. Pebble beach one day and Spyglass the next. His reward for driving!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
I’ve booked Monterey Bay Whale Watching, owned by a marine biologist gets very good reviews
Thanks I’ll take a look
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Thank you! I’ll definitely need those, I suffer will terrible sickness and was worried!
Honestly, they are like magic. Whether its a scientific fact they work or its all in your head, I don't care, because they worked perfectly.
I feel ill on pretty much any boat (I felt bad on the Alcatraz ferry which is about a mile!), but on the 4-hour trip in open sea with 8-9 foot waves we were going up and down all the time, I was totally fine.

Its just like wearing a watch on your wrist, the device 'pulses' sending vibrations every 10 seconds or so, and you have to restart it every 30 minutes. DW who is never ill on boats didn't have one, and even she felt queasy, so for me to be OK it was a miracle.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
Honestly, they are like magic. Whether its a scientific fact they work or its all in your head, I don't care, because they worked perfectly.
I feel ill on pretty much any boat (I felt bad on the Alcatraz ferry which is about a mile!), but on the 4-hour trip in open sea with 8-9 foot waves we were going up and down all the time, I was totally fine.

Its just like wearing a watch on your wrist, the device 'pulses' sending vibrations every 10 seconds or so, and you have to restart it every 30 minutes. DW who is never ill on boats didn't have one, and even she felt queasy, so for me to be OK it was a miracle.
They sound perfect, I have used the seasickness wristbands you can get over here with the ‘button’ you place on your inner wrist but these sounds much much better! Thank you.
Do you have to put them on in advance or is the beginning of the trip ok?
Old 28 Jun 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
They sound perfect, I have used the seasickness wristbands you can get over here with the ‘button’ you place on your inner wrist but these sounds much much better! Thank you.
Do you have to put them on in advance or is the beginning of the trip ok?
I pre-ordered mine on their website, but I don't think they do that anymore, they give them to you after everyone has checked in and while they are giving you the safety talk. Just put them on and turn them on.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I pre-ordered mine on their website, but I don't think they do that anymore, they give them to you after everyone has checked in and while they are giving you the safety talk. Just put them on and turn them on.
Thank you!