Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrisyd
Earning More Ears

Vegas - 20th wedding anniversary

Dear all,

We are looking at going away next early July for our 20th wedding anniversary (without the kids :-)). Plan is to do a week, don't trust them alone at home any longer.

Having a quick look this evening and I see a direct flight with Thomas Cook from Manchester, staying at MGM for about £2100 or the Bellagio for about £2400 +tax

2 questions quickly come to mind, is this a good price, and is 7 nights too much i.e. should we do a few nights in LV and some nights elsewhere?

We will plan to do the West coast maybe a couple of years later for a few weeks with the rest of the family so this time is just me and the boss (wife).

I am sure I will have plenty of other questions...

thanks

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Chrisyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

We did 7 nights in Vegas for our 20th a few years ago. We had 3 days without a car and then 3 days with. Unfortunately I had food poisoning the first evening so didn't do much.
The car days we did one day Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire, second day Death Valley and third day, things that were more off strip such as our wedding chapel (Gracelands Wedding Chapel), the pawn stars place (just next door to the chapel), Stratosphere and a shooting range.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

We are celebrating our 20th this September spending 2 weeks in the LA area, however we have decided to have 2 nights in Vegas for our actual anniversary. We have done Vegas for 2 nights on a previous LA up and would like to do a full week at some point to do all the trips like Gran Canyon/ Hoover Dam etc.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We always fly into Los Angeles with Thomas Cook as it has always been cheaper. We spend time famous grave hunting around the outskirts of LA, we then go to the coast (Pismo Beach is our favourite), we go to Palm Springs for a night or two then we go to Las Vegas for 6 nights. We always travel back to LA the night before our flight.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We stayed at The Venetian for 6 nights in July 2014 and paid £1200 each for direct Virgin flights and hotel through Expedia. I did my usual research and priced up different options (flights, hotels, DIY, package, etc.) and that was the best value at the time. The resort fee was an additional cost to that.

That was my parents first time in Vegas and we found plenty to do to fill 6 nights and I think even after 4 trips I could happily spend 2 weeks in Vegas. We didn’t have a car on that visit but I’ve started hiring one on more recent visits.

BA do some good deals on their packages (fly drive, flight and hotel or flight, car and hotel) and I’ve read in another section of the Dibb that a BA sale is due to start imminently. I’d probably hang on and price up BA sale prices.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by spenners View Post
We always fly into Los Angeles with Thomas Cook as it has always been cheaper. We spend time famous grave hunting around the outskirts of LA, we then go to the coast (Pismo Beach is our favourite), we go to Palm Springs for a night or two then we go to Las Vegas for 6 nights. We always travel back to LA the night before our flight.
how cool . what graves have you found?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd prefer the Venetian to Bellagio personally and if you are planning a couple of days forHoover etc then a week is about right.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell59a
Very Serious Dibber

We are celebrating our 20th anniversary in September. We are renewing our vows with Elvis. We have booked everything separately. We are flying to LA, but we have booked Bellagio for 4 nights via Hotels.com for £430 run of the house room. We booked it and paid for it back in January.