Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 13, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
becboo
Being a bit Goofy

Getting from WDW to Miami

Hi im looking at taking a Disney cruise from Miami after my Disney stay and was wondering what is the best way to get to the port?
We wasn't going to hire a car but this seems to be the cheapest way. I understand Disney dont offer transfers to Miami?

Many thanks
becboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 13, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
You're correct about DCL not offering transfers from WDW to Miami and you're also correct in saying a one way car rental would be cheapest.

It's a 4 hour journey so I'd definitely go for the car ... I can travel at my own leisure then.
Old 31 Dec 13, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
We are connecting with our cruise this year in Miami. I looked at lots of options.

We were originally going to drive to Melbourne after landing and stay overnight to split the journey. In the end I had enough miles (Avios) for a 1 way flight down on AA for the cash price of $4.28 for all of us. So we are now staying in the Hyatt at the airport and will fly down the next morning. I have a flight out at around 9.15. If anything happens to the flight, we still have time to grab a rental and drive down to catch the boat I hope.

When I asked over on CC most people said it would be better to drive down the coast I think it's the I95, rather than the other route which has lots of tolls and lanes.

For the return we are driving back to Orlando and then will be driving back to Miami to catch our flight home. (It was cheaper this way just a lot of driving).
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
becboo
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you both. Looks like we are best to hire a car then unless I can find some cheap flights
becboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread