Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 14, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Help with Barcelona hotels

Can anyone help? Looking at hotels for Barcelona for mid July before our 12 day med cruise. We are staying 3 nights and want to do some sightseeing - problem is not sure which area to stay? We are going with my parents who don't walk far? Had looked at port area but it suggests that it is expensive to get around Barcelona so is it better to stay nearer the ramblas? Have looked at Royal Ramblas and the Novotel? The diagonal mar seems to be further out? Also looked at petit palace? arghh so many places and no idea what to choose. We need 2 x family rooms and 1 disabled access room for my parents. Any advice would be welcomed...
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 14, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

We are staying at the SB Plaza Europa ..stayed at the Novotel last time .
Old 3 Jan 14, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I would stay somewhere near the top of Las Ramblas if your parents can't walk far. That way you are in the main tourist area for shopping and eating and where all the HOHO buses are. Google Hotel Jazz and look for something near there. I have stayed at Las Rmbles Catalyna but be warned it's not cheap, it has a small pool and we liked it but it was double the price of the Novotel.

We have stayed at the Novetel,really liked it. Good excellent breakfast included in price. Tube station is around a 15 minute slow walk and HoHO bus stop 10 minutes slow walk, shopping centre is over the road, again with eateries.

If you are beach people and your parents are happy to stay there, look for something near port Olympia. That is my favourite area. But slightly isolated, it is on the flat though. Tube station around 15 minutes slow walk away from the beach.

I think the diagonal mar is opposite the Novotel, if it's the one on the Trevargo advert.

I would recommend getting HOHO bus tickets to see the sites, then you can get on and off and not much walking. Sundays are the best days for HOHO as lighter traffic.

Edited at 11:26 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 14, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Thanks for your replies , believe it or not we struggled to get 3 rooms in most hotels but got booked into Novotel whew! Thanks for all the advice x
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

We stayed at the Novotel before our 12 night med cruise last year and it was very central for getting about and just opposite is a shopping centre which was really handy. Would definitely stay there again.
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Never stayed in the Novotel so don't know what it's like.

Last year we stayed at the Barcelo Sants. It's built onto the Sants train station which is on the train line direct from the airport so very handy.

If you are planning on using buses, trams, metro etc then best thing is to buy a T10 ticket, costs less than 10 Euro and can be used 10 times as well as having free transfers.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sorry to jump onto this thread but has anyone got a recommendation for a disabled access family room? We are flying into Barcelona the night before our WBTA cruise and not bothered about sight seeing.
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Sorry to jump onto this thread but has anyone got a recommendation for a disabled access family room? We are flying into Barcelona the night before our WBTA cruise and not bothered about sight seeing.
I think the Novotel has them but only 4 they said if that helps?
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Originally Posted by Flowertot View Post
But now thinking you probably want somewhere nearer the port?
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
But now thinking you probably want somewhere nearer the port?
Either near the port or airport, thanks for the suggestion I will take a look xx