Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Bahamas cruise in the middle of Florida holiday

As the title says has anyone done a 3 day Bahamas cruise whilst doing their disney holiday. If so can you let me know any info you have that would be great, just had a look sailing from port canaveral the prices are quite good.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Hiya

Yes we did this in 2012 and are doing it again this year.

We booked the DCL transfers which were great as you leave your cases in your room all packed and ready to go and Bell Services come into your room and collect them ( you don't need to be there) and you won't see them again till they appear at your state room.

What else would you like to know? x
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm interested in this too

Is three days long enough and would it be ok for a five year old - who is an only child but might like kids clubs

What would we expect to pay for three of us - 2 ad + 1 ch- in early August for a "no frills package"

Ah info greatly appreciated and sorry to thread starter for hijack !,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

We are staying off site, and not going on DCL. Did you do any excursions or did you stay on the ship, can you go to a beach, sorry for all the questions. We are hiring a car but will not be using it to go to the port, my son will be keeping it, do you know of any other ways of getting there, may be a taxi
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Go to the Cruise thread here on Dibb... all the info you need is there
We've done Disney cruise twice and hoping to fit another 3 nighter in next trip
There's Carnival & Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral too...
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
We are staying off site, and not going on DCL. Did you do any excursions or did you stay on the ship, can you go to a beach, sorry for all the questions. We are hiring a car but will not be using it to go to the port, my son will be keeping it, do you know of any other ways of getting there, may be a taxi
We didn't do any of the excursions but we did get off the ship at Nassau and have a wander around the shops and walked onto the beach, the water was lovely and warm. It was our first ever cruise so we didn't want to tie ourselves into excursions.

Castaway Cay is AMAZING! Its Disney's own Private Island and there are 3 different parts to it which they use a little train to ferry you between. We headed straight for the Adults Only area and the beach was untouched and beautiful, spent most of the day sitting in the water on a sand chair. They do a barbeque type lunch which has everything you could imagine and is fantastic.

Its an hour's drive down to Port Canaveral so it might be quite expensive for a taxi. I've heard of people doing one way car rentals down to the port and the same on the way back as its cheaper than paying for the parking, would this be an option?
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

We have just done our 4th DCL & can't wait for number 5 they are AMAZING

My advise is to research them as much as you can as there is so much to do in such a short space of time

Be aware though they are very addictive
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by louli View Post
I'm interested in this too

Is three days long enough and would it be ok for a five year old - who is an only child but might like kids clubs

What would we expect to pay for three of us - 2 ad + 1 ch- in early August for a "no frills package"

Ah info greatly appreciated and sorry to thread starter for hijack !,
I think 3 nights is good to start you off, having never cruised before we found it a good introduction. This year we're doing 5 nights on the Wonder (did the 3 nights on the Dream previously).

I think your 5 year old will love it, the kids areas on the ship are fantastic and there's so much going on. The shows at night are great too.

If you choose early dining (we did) you have dinner around 6pm then you go to the 2nd seating of the show which I think is about 8.30pm. If you choose late dining you go to the early show then eat at the 2nd seating for dinner.

For the 3 nights on the less expensive state rooms its around £360 per adult, not sure about child prices. Go onto the Disney Cruise Line website and have a look at the 3 night cruise and it will give you an idea of the price.
Old 8 Jan 14, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
We have just done our 4th DCL & can't wait for number 5 they are AMAZING

My advise is to research them as much as you can as there is so much to do in such a short space of time

Be aware though they are very addictive
I'll second that, the service is amazing!
Old 8 Jan 14, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Cruise Critic is a good site to go on.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread