Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Dec 14, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Rainforest Cafe

This was one of them themed meals that I thought would just be ok but ended up being really good.

As per usual we were seated in a dark corner and ciuld not see much but the food made up for this.

For drinks I ordered a strawberry lemonade in a souvenir glass - this was really good, and had real juicy strawberries in the bottom of the glass - I have no shame in telling you I ate them whilst waiting for the entree

Dan had a diet coke - I did not take a pic because it was a diet coke lol

I ordered mojo bones and this is what it looked like

And Dan had a flat iron steak

My ribs were so good, slow cooked and the meat just fell off the bone, Dan said that this steak was better than Le Cellier and especially for the money and the stand out thing for us both was the fries which were seasoned really well and tasted awesome.

We also went for pudding - and shared again but this was massive and I dint think for one minute we could have had one each.

We went for chocolate Diablo cake which is - Dark chocolate cake layered with rich chocolate filling, served with raspberry sauce and creamy whipped topping

Here's a pic

Our server Maria (remembered her name funnily enough) was really good and took the time to talk to us and washed out our souvineer glasses.

The meal cost around $90 and we would give it an 8.5/10
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Beaches and Cream

We we're a few minutes late for this reservation due to buses being late but it was no problem for the staff- it was also our 4th wedding anniversary :-).

I booked this for 11am and it was still busy, this place is really small and is situated near the pool at the brach and yacht club resort.

I have a habit of ordering things that I dislike in the uk whilst in other countries because I think they will taste different so I ordered an ice tea - it was no different and I did not like but this was my fault and not the restaurants

Ice tea

Dan ordered coffee

Now I really wanted to try a burger here but I had a hankering for the grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque and that's what Dan went for too - it was delicious although I thought the bisque would taste likeheinz tomatoe soup and it was more earthy ans spicy than that.

Here's a pic

Now we decided to have a dessert thinking it would be a good size to share but it was massive and could easily be shared between 4 people. Also it came out to flashing lights and the singing :-)

Fudge brownie mid slide

Our server also brought us an anniversary ballon and took our pic which was lovely, we are photo bombed by an old lady in the background lol

This was a great meal and was only slightly overshadowed by a large ladies bum crack on one of the stools

We paid about $40 we would rate this a 8.5/10

Edited at 04:28 PM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Tutto Italia

I was unsure when I booked this ADR as I had heard mixed reviews but this ended up being a fantastic meal.

We were seated straight away and the dining room is quite classy with walnut tables and painted walls and ceilings - just like Italy.

We were brought focaccia bread, dips and some olives (I don't like olives but tried anyway - still don't like olives) we both also just ordered diet coke

Here's the bread

And Olives

Dan ordered the ravioli di ricotta which is - Chicken, Prosciutto, Parmesan cream ravioli

Here's a pic

I ordered the Lasagne

Both if our meals were delicious, I could not even eat half of mine though as the portion was huge and it was very rich, Dan finished his though.

We could not face pudding and asked for the bill and we were brought this for our anniversary and the staff all came over to sing happy anniversary in Italian.

We managed to squeeze it in our bellies and it was a lovely end to a great meal and just in time for the illuminations fireworks.

This cost $73 including the tip and we would defiantly recommend eating here - we give this a 9/10
Old 28 Dec 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Kona Cafe

Now I booked this place for one thing only - The famous Tonga toast - we headed over to the Polynesian resort and this was on the same floor as the monorail to Magic Kingdom

A pot of Joffrey's coffee to share

We were also brought some condiments - ketchup, strawberry compote, whipped butter and maple syrup.

And here is the famous Tonga toast - it's huge

Dan had 2 eggs any style which came with breakfast potatoes, bacon and toast

The tonga toast was really good - bit like a banana stuffed doughnut, the best bits in my opinion are the edges and it also came with sausages and a little slice of pineapple - it was really heavy going though and like many things on this trip I could not get anywhere near finishing it.

Dan enjoyed his too, it was similar for him to Wolfgang Puck Express.

It cost around $35 and we would rate it 8.5/10 Dan only gives it a 7.5/10 but he only had a standard breakfast so his had less thrills than mine.
Old 28 Dec 14, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gracie89
Serious Dibber

gracie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I love your report, great pics!

AS Music 2001
POP 2003
AKL 2005
POR RS 2011

SSR Sept 2012
DCL Disney Magic 2014
BLT&BWV 2015 *Booked*
gracie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

That Tonga Toast looks massive but gorgeous!
halloweenbaby2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Dole whip - Aloha Isles

Again this was on my list of things to snack and it did not disappoint, here you can either have a dole whip float or soft serve vanilla, pineapple or orange in a cup or a twist cup which is 2 dole whip flavours twisted together - that is what I got but with pineapple and vanilla.

This stuff is awesome, really creamy but somehow tangy at the same time - one of my new favourites, I might try a dole whip float next time though.

Here is a pic

It cost around $5 and I would give it a 9/10
Old 28 Dec 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

California Grill

I booked this ADR again at the 180 day mark and was a bit nervous about this meal after having a disappoint time at Le Cellier.

We checked in at the reception desk on floor 2 and were taken up via a private lift to the 15th floor restaurant, we were asked at check in if were celebrating anything and mentioned it was our anniversary.

We were taken to a booth ( side note if you are a larger person like me - size 20-22 onwards these booth are a little tight so ask for a separate table- I could only just squeeze in.)

We ordered beers each, I had a :

Innis & Gunn Original, Scotland
Made with roasted barley, Styrian malts and matured in oak to produce a smooth Scottish beer with hints of toffee, vanilla, and oak
$7.50

Dan had :

Napa Smith Hopageddon, California
At 144 IBUs, Hopageddon glows with a gorgeous, fiery orange color and showcases a distinct, full white head. Unique flavors and a pleasant bitterness are created from the process of dry-hopping and linger on the palate
$9.25

We were brought the bread and asked if we would like to view the fireworks before eating - which we did.

The viewing decks are great here and we watched wishes with our drinks in tow

Once we returned to our tables we watched the chefs preparing the food - it is an open kitchen and fascinating to see and our we tried our bread, I cannot remember the flavours but I think one was lavender and they were all really good.

Our entrees followed shortly after, I ordered the :

Oak-fired Filet of Beef-
Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Baby Vine Tomatoes, Tiny Basil, Tomato Butter
$49.00

Dan ordered the same but unlike Le Cellier they were more than helpful when it came to substitutions and offered many options to come with the beef , Dan went with truffle mashed potatoes.

Here is my meal

Here is Dans with the mash substitution

Both meals before

And after ...

I have to say that it was one of the most amazing meals I have ever eaten, the meal was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth, the risotto was beautiful and my mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

We also had room for pudding and both ordered a :

Chocolate Pudding Cake
Luscious Chocolate Cake with Nutella Filling, Meringue Kisses, and Chantilly Cream
$14.00

And again this was amazing, we also had a chocolate congratulations decoration which was nice.

Now to finish off the meal we had a shot of bookers whiskey each, erm and we downed it and then realised that it was super strong like 63% abv strong, doh! anyway here is a pic of the demon drink

After a generous tip the meal came to $210 and it was worth every penny and it gets a well deserved 10/10
Old 28 Dec 14, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Subway -Florida mall food court

We decided to share a breakfast subway in the Florida mall and it was nasty - we went for a steak, egg and cheese and well I wish I hadn't because it upset my stomach big time - I think the pics will speak for this.

Urgh 3/10 - will not be returning for another
Old 28 Dec 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Earl of Sandwich -take 2

So after a disappointing breakfast we decided to get a late lunch at Earl of Sandwich.

It was really busy here and the queue was almost out of the door, never the less we were at the counter within 15 minutes and it gave us time to look over the menu and decided what to have, I got a but annoyed with a couple in front of us who were still undecided when they reached the till - I mean you have had ages to decide argh.

Anyhow we went with a holiday sandwich for me and Dan had an Hawaiian, I also bought some mac n cheese and a cookie to share.

We had to sit outside as there were no tables left inside but it was a lovely day so no drama there, we had out buzzer ready and waiting for the sandwiches

Mac n cheese - now this was a little bland - despite looking good in the picci but still good.

My holiday turkey

Dans Hawaiian BBQ

Now this was much better than we had the previous day for breakfast and we enjoyed this - not as much as Paris though , the standout thing about this meal was actually the cookie which was great and I ate it all by myself because Dan was full. It cost around $20 and would rate 7.5/10.