Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Oct 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Some fab ideas here, thanks! I'd love to do v&a but I'm veggie and dh wouldn't eat met of it as a meat eater. Looks so fun though!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 15, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Some fab ideas here, thanks! I'd love to do v&a but I'm veggie and dh wouldn't eat met of it as a meat eater. Looks so fun though!
They do a separate vegetarian menu at V & A's which looks just as awesome.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Day 6

Today was a weird eating day, I didn't eat until our Sanaa reservation which was at 4, Steve had a hallowed jalapeno pretzel for brunch in AK but I forgot to get a picture this was as delicious as they say though, sooo good!

Sanaa
We had been looking forward to this one after it got bumped at the last minute from the 2012 restaurant list. It was pretty empty when we arrived so we got a nice window seat. This was just fab and the view over the savannah made this meal extra special. To start we ordered the bread service, going full on beast mode and ordering all the dips.

I wasn't expecting much from this as it was just some bread and dips, but we enjoyed this so much. I gave all the dips a go except the hottest 2 (they go left to right, mild to spicy) and each of them was tasty. Favourites were definitely the cucumber raita and the coriander chutney which was unexpected, as a detest coriander normally! We ate all this in 5 minutes flat!

For mains we ordered the same as each other, the Butter Chicken and Paneer Tikka with basmati rice. Excuse the picture, I got carried away with myself before I remembered and had already tipped some out.

Steve really enjoyed his, for me this was just ok. I didn't really enjoy the taste of the tikka sauce, so just picked out the paneer (of which there was lots!). The sauce on the butter chicken was delicious, but my bits of chicken were really not very nice, all dark meat and a bit sinewy, I'm fussy with chicken so just picked around this a bit. Thinking back this was probably my least favourite meal of the holiday, which was disappointing. We still had a lovely time though.
We were too full for dessert but our server bought us a plate of the kulfi as I had my birthday badge on (Steve made me wear this, it had been my 30th a couple of weeks before we came!)

Steve enjoyed this but it's not my cup of tea at all, I'm not a coconut fan so it was just ok for me. A very nice gesture though! It was absolutely dead in the restaurant when we had finished so we had the whole place to ourselves. We sat in the bar area for a couple of sauvignon blanc's before heading home.

Sassagoula Floatworks
I was feeling peckish about 9, so sent Steve down for a bedtime snack from the Floatworks. Turns out he wasn't hungry, so he just got himself some ice cream. I on the other hand stuffed in an order of fried shrimp and a cupcake. Yum!

This was really nice, the shrimp batter had a lovely seasoning in it that had a little kick. It was also the biggest portion ever, it nearly defeated me, which is hard to do.

The cupcake was good, nice and moist.
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Some fantastic food. Absolutely love the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream. x
Old 15 Nov 15, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Sorry but top of my wish list for all that is the mcgriddle! What does that say about me?! 😚 don't answer that... haha...also beaches and cream looks great, pity about sanaa
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 7
Today we had an epic jaunt around the food and wine festival, we ate and drank our way around the booths from 12pm until Illuminations at 9, and by the end we were well and truly stuffed to the brim. We had drinks at every place we stopped but I won't include pictures of most of them as they are mainly similar looking beers and wines.

Canada
We headed here with our newly bought F&W festival gift card, and found the only till without a scanner, so we had to pay cash, good start!
We got the fillet, which was scrumptious as always

And the chicken sausage with polenta.

This had a good kick to it and was actually really tasty. Steve got a Moosehead and I got the apple icewine. I was initially a bit miffed with the pour size of this as it was pretty small, but it had a real kick to it so I probably didn't need any more.

Greece
Straight to Greece next, where Steve went for the Chicken Gyro, which was good, although again dark meat so I wasn't that keen. He enjoyed this though.

I wasn't going to get anything but last minute picked the Spanakopita, and I'm so glad I did, it was sooo good!

We wanted a white wine here, but it took a while to figure out which one was white as the CM's didn't have a clue, but we got there in the end! Looking at the receipt it looks like the Sigalas Athiri was white for those who are wondering.

Dominican Republic
Next to the Dominican Republic where we got the Roasted Pork and the Yuca souffle with griddled cheese.

OMG these were both amazing, I think this was one of my favourite countries in the end. I got the Sugar Cane cocktail here which was also amazing, wish I had gone back for another one, and Steve had a Presidente beer.

We were getting a little full so headed to the wine studio next where we just got a wine each. We ordered the Dry Creek Zinfandel hoping it would be pink, but we were totally wrong and it was red. Not the refreshing beverage we were hoping for but it was consumed anyway and we were on our way to the next port of call.

Sustainable Chew
Still not in the mood for food yet we each got a Chewtini here, and they were absolutely amazeballs! It was scorching hot at this point in the day and these really were a nice refreshing drink.

Chew Lab
Feeling ready for more food I got the Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel and Steve went for the New York Strip with Parsnip Silk, Balsamic Glaze and Arugula Foam.

The truffle does not look all that appetising in the picture, but it was sooo amazing! Neither of us really enjoyed the steak so wouldn't get that one again were we to ever return.

Craft Beers
We were super in need of some AC now which was lucky as the craft beers section was in an inside pavilion. I'm not a beer person so Steve just got himself a beer flight, which consisted of Brew Hub Keybilly Island Ale, Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Orlando Brewing Grateful Pumpkin and Swamp Head Wild Night Honey Cream Ale.

Steve liked them all except the blueberry vanilla one, which was a result for me as I tried it and it was amazing! So we were both happy here for a while enjoying a beer and letting our core body temperatures reduce to a more acceptable level before heading back into the sunshine.

We headed to the Desserts and Champagne stall next where I got a Nicolas Feuilatte Rose and Steve got a Moet. No pictures unfortunately, but they were both lovely and bubbly!

Refreshment Port
Steve had a bee in his bonnet about collecting as many stamps as we could in our F&W passports, so we went to refreshment port next as that gave him a completed page!
We just got a croissant doughnut here to share. They had dole whips too and I wish I'd gotten one now as never managed to get one in MK

This was heavenly and it didn't last very long between us.

Hawaii
Next to Hawaii, where we shared a Pork Slider with Pineapple Chutney and spicy Mayonnaise. Steve got a Big Wave Golden Ale and I got a pineapple wine.

This slider was absolutely amazing, and we both begrudged having to share it! Definitely a winner.

Scotland
Scotland next where we ordered the Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herb Sour Cream and Seared Sea Scallop with Spinach-Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon.

I wasn't keen on the smoked salmon at all, the pancake was really onion-y and had a weird texture. The scallop on the other hand was absolutely amazingly delicious, I'm actually drooling thinking about it now. Again, one we begrudged sharing between us! Steve got a Brew Dog Ale and I got a Citrus Thistle which was gin based I believe.

Ireland
Next to Ireland where we just got the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie.

We were not keen on this at all, there was a distinct lack of lobster and seafood and to us it just tasted like one of those fish pies you put in the microwave at home. I was hoping for so much more from this but alas we were disappointed!

Believe it or not we are only half way through, so I'll continue in the next post!
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
France
Here we got the Boeuf Bourguignon and the Creme Brulee Vanille Chocolat.

These were both delish, the beef was lovely and tender and the creme brulee had a lovely crunchy top and creamy underneath. Steve got a Kronenbourg and I got the Ice Pop Pomme

This was amazing and had a real vodka kick, but due to the temperature it started melting all over my hands almost immediately, so I had to eat it pretty quickly.

Brazil
We were a bit desperate for a sit down by this point but everywhere was pretty busy, so we sat on the kerb just outside here to eat these snacks.

Brazilian Cheese Bread and Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans and Tomato

Pork belly is not my bag at all so Steve got this one to himself, he enjoyed it a lot though. I only ended up with the bread as there was nothing else I really fancied, but these were amazing, all warm and doughy and cheesy, just heaven! Steve had a Xingu Black Beer and I got a Moscato Sparkling White Wine.

Belgium
We grabbed a Potato and Leek Waffle with Beer-braised Beef and Smoked Gouda Cream to share.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about a savoury waffle, but this was absolutely amazing. The waffle was lovely and fluffy and the beef was deliciously tender. Definitely in my top 3 F&W eats from the day. Steve got a Belge Amber Ale and I got a Stella Artois Cidre as there was nothing else that took my fancy.

Morocco
I was dead on my feet by now, so Steve left me sitting at the table we'd found while he hit Morocco. He came back with a Kefta Pocket and an Harissa Chicken Roll, plus a Casa beer for him and a mimosa for me.

Neither of these were to my taste at all, the overriding taste in the chicken roll was red pepper, which I hate, and the beef in the pita was really dry and didn't have much flavour at all.

Japan
I was sticking with my seat at the table still, so Steve poodled off to Japan, returning with a Tempura Shrimp Roll and a Teriyaki Gyoza bun, with a Kirin beer for him and a Pineapple Fuzed Sake for me.

The shrimp roll was really really nice, the bun wasn't all that nice. The bun was pretty dry and the filling just didn't taste that nice, I think there were peppers in there again!

Cheese Studio
We decided a food fest break was in order so walked back round the World Showcase and into Future World for a potter around Club Cool and Mousegear. On the way out of the showcase though we couldn't resist a stop for some cheese fondue and a glass of Fume Blanc each.

Neither of us were keen on the flavour of the fondue, and we actually threw some of this away.

Mexico
After our break we hit the showcase from the other side, and stopped at Mexico for some eats. My photos from here are shocking as it had gotten dark and the flash has totally ruined them so I won't include them, but we got the Chilaquiles de Pollo and the Tacos de Camaron. Both of these were really good and I could have eaten both of them again. Drinks here were a Dos Equis lager and a Guava Margarita.

China
We stopped at the smoking area in between Norway and China and as we'd found a bench I decided that it was the perfect spot to sit and watch Illuminations. I think I had lost the will to move by this point. Steve was dispatched to the China kiosk and came back with the Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed bun with Hoisin Sauce and the Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles.

I just had a nibble on the bun as the duck was quite fatty (and not the yummy, crispy kind of fat) but it was good. The winner for me though was the noodles. This was a really big portion and I think really good value for 5.50.

Drinks were a couple of Tsingtao's for hubs and a Happy Lychee cocktail for me.

Germany
With half an hour until Illuminations Steve headed to Germany while I protected our bench. Our final snacks of the evening were Schnickennudeln (pasta with ham and cheese) and the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll.

I had lost the will to eat another bite at this point, so tried a little bit of both but they went largely untouched, which is a shame as I'd been looking forward to the pasta. Even Steve couldn't manage to finish them off.
Old 24 Nov 15, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Mmmmm, loving the report

Thank you.

Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 15, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh god that day at Epcot is my dream! Would love to go during the F&W festival some time!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 7

Sorry for the extremely long hiatus in me writing up my food report, I lost my notes when we moved house, but I have found them again, woo hoo!

This post is nothing earth shattering though I'm afraid, it wasn't the best day for food pics.

For breakfast I had the Create Your Own Breakfast Bowl that Steve had had a few days before from Sassagoula Floatworks, I had bacon, mushrooms and cheese in mine, was pretty tasty.

Steve had a parfait thing with some cereal. He wasn't keen on the yoghurt in the parfait, think it was just a bit different to what he's used to at home.

We didn't eat again until we were on our way out of MK after Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, where we grabbed a hot dog each at Casey's Corner. I have no photos though as I was far too tired and just wanted to get home! Here are some pictures of our candy haul though.

Steve gave most of his away when he got back to work after the holiday, I on the other hand was a massive piggy and ate most of mine over the rest of the holiday, and discovered a love for Airheads which are now my favourite 'candy'.

Pretty rubbish day photo-wise, but tomorrow is better I promise.