Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Jun 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow some amazing meals out. V&A sounds fantastic. Great you tried so much in F&W festival.
Old 30 Jun 16, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Day 8
After some park time in the morning we had some brunch at Sassagoula Floatworks. We were getting a bit sick of heavy food so had a couple of baked potatoes with a salad. Mine was the Broccoli, Cheddar and Bacon one, Steve had the Chili and Cheese one. They came with salad or soup and we both went for salad.

They were ok, mine was a bit dry as it was literally just some bits of broccoli with bacon bits and cheese on top. They did come with a tub of sour cream though so that helped a bit.

I also stuffed in a vanilla cupcake. Steve doesn't like cake so I was on my own in this one (I know, who doesn't like cake?!)

The potatoes filled a hole, not sure I'd rush to have one again though.

For dinner we headed to the Flying Fish Cafe. We were really impressed with this restaurant, the decor inside was really lovely.

I think this is the only reservation that we'd put our honeymoon celebration on, but we didn't get anything special which I was a little disappointed with, in fact we didn't get anything at any of the restaurants while wearing our badges which made me a little sad as I'm sure I've read in trippies about little special things people have had on their honeymoon. Never mind, the honeymoon was pretty magical even without any extra 'magic'

The bread here was lovely, from what I remember it was spring onion and cheese, but that could be totally wrong ... either way it was lovely.

For starter we shared the Crispy Togarashi-scented Calamari and Florida Rock Shrimp. We told our server we were sharing so when it can the portion had been split which was handy!

This was yummy and demolished pretty swiftly.

For mains I had the Flying Fish Café's Idaho Potato-wrapped Red Snapper and Steve had the Char-crusted Angus New York Strip Steak. I had really wanted the dish that has both of these on but it was no longer on the menu so I had to pick one. In hindsight I should have just asked as I'm sure they'd have done it for me.

Mine was just ok, the sauce and fish were lovely, but there was far too many leeks which I am not a huge fan of, so ended up giving a lot to Steve. He enjoyed his a lot though.

We'd also ordered a macaroni cheese to share on the side but when it turned up it had a distinct pesto taste which Steve hates, so I had to take one for the team! I actually ate most of this, it was so good.

I was a little gutted that I didn't have room for a dessert here, but I'll try one next time as I'm sure we'll return.
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 9

Breakfast today was at ... you're guessed it, Sassagoula Floatworks!

For hubby chocolate chip pancakes were in order, I had my favourite bounty platter with a biscuit, hash brown and Mickey waffle

We were obviously feeling super piggy this morning as we had a pastry each, cinnamon thing for hubs, a cheese danish for me, yum!

We headed over to Disney Springs in the afternoon, and Steve grabbed a snack as soon as we got off the boat as he was munchy.

He quite enjoyed this.

Later on we went to Earl of Sandwich which we took away and ate back at POFQ on the lawn while watching the movie under the stars. One of my favourite moments of the holiday

I had the holiday sandwich, no idea what hubs had, sorry!

Mine was amazing! So sad the one in Bluewater doesn't have this on the menu.

We got some mac'n'cheese which was lovely and cheesy

And a dessert each, brownie sandwich for me and brownie for hubs.

Pretty terrible pics here, sorry! All super delicious though.
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 10

While in the magic Kingdom for EMH we grabbed some cinnamon almonds which we ate on the bus on the way to Typhoon Lagoon. These were amazing

At typhoon lagoon we grabbed some frozen lemonades which we ended up getting free as the CM couldn't get the till to work

Once we got back to POFQ we headed to our favourite eating spot where I had a shrimp po boy and Steve had a chicken parm po boy. I also had some beignets made by the most miserable CM of all time. I didn't think they were all that which was disappointing, I think they might have been a bit overdone as they were a bit chewy.

Dinner was at Fulton's where we were going to try to recreate the meal we had to celebrate our engagement in 2012. It didn't quite work out how we'd hoped but was still an ok meal.

We had the bread service and the crackers with crab stuff which were both very nice

Straight to mains, Steve had the fillet steak and I had the lobster. Both were lovely, but I had never tackled a whole lobster and it was an experience to say the least.

The steak was huge!
With room for dessert today Steve had cheesecake and I had key lime pie. These were nice, nothing mind blowing.

We then headed to Jock Lindsey's for a few drinks, where I only managed one very blurry picture of the cocktail called The Fountain of Youth. It was super duper radioactive blue. A very nice few hours were spent here, the theming was amazing.

Old 1 Jul 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brilliant food report !
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Wow that was a serious amount of food at F&W, some of them look really good. I could have managed the wine but not the food.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ooh that shrimp po-boy looks so good! We didn't get any special treatment at TS restaurants despite wearing our badges but we got loads at QS places! I found that really strange as thought it would be the other way round, if anything
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Stop the press - there is an Earl of Sandwich at Bluewater? How did I not know this. I usually grab a pret when there! Trip there next week.
Old 1 Jul 16, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Stop the press - there is an Earl of Sandwich at Bluewater? How did I not know this. I usually grab a pret when there! Trip there next week.
Noticed it in the food court when we were there last so not been there long. Has replaced the cupcake stand.

I didn't know they'd closed the one near St Paul's in London, that had been there for years!

Edited at 06:16 PM.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marciehatter View Post
Noticed it in the food court when we were there last so not been there long. Has replaced the cupcake stand.

I didn't know they'd closed the one near St Paul's in London, that had been there for years!
Ah ok. Look forward to trying it.
waiting4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List