Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Last Day : Check-out and flight home

We woke a lot earlier than expected so were well ahead of schedule with packing and checking out. So, as I'd moved our Boma breakfast back to 10.55am we went down to Boma at nearer 9am to see if we could move it forward. Luckily they were really quiet and we were seated virtually immediately. Breakfast was good but our waitress was a bit dippy. She brought OH coffee instead of hot chocolate, brought half & half instead of milk for my tea and then couldn't find any teaspoons so I had to stir my tea with a dessert spoon! Other than that, we had a delicious breakfast. I don't appear to have taken a photo of it, though.

After putting collection of my ECV off for a couple of hours we were able to nip over to Disney Springs for a quick visit, where I got my Pandora bead $5 cheaper than in the parks or resorts and we used up our snack credits at Goofy's.

Then as we had a little bit of time left we used up the last two SCs on some ice cream at Giradhelli's. You can go up to $6.75 here, so we were able to have double-scoops of ice cream in a bowl or basic cone for one credit. They serve it in a bizarre way, but it made it much easier to eat as I was able to eat it with a spoon and not drip any done myself.

OH had mint chip and cookies & cream in a bowl, and I had the basic bowl cone with rocky road and raspberry sorbet. Yummy! We had to eat it faster than I would have liked, though, in order to get back to the resort.

At 3.30pm we went down to the Mara to use our last couple of CS credits as we wouldn't be eating again until after 9pm on the plane. We didn't actually want to eat, and if the Mara had had decent 'to go' items we would have got them instead. Anyway, we settled for chicken nuggets and chips and the frozen lemonade again, but weren't really hungry and didn't finish either.

I think the QS food at the Mara has either gone downhill or has been over-stated in its niceness previously. We didn't enjoy either non-breakfast meal we ate there.

Dinner on the plane was Kosher again - I don't even know what the choices for the ordinary menu were: we didn't actually see what anyone else was eating. I didn't manage to get a photo as the trays were huge and full of china dishes and my phone was in my handbag at my feet. It was chicken, potatoes and sugar snap peas with some sort of sauce with mushrooms and garlic - but luckily not so much that I couldn't avoid it. The side salad was chickpeas and sweetcorn. I didn't even take the lid off that one. The starter was some sort of pickled fish (really nice) served on a bed of pickled onion, cabbage, apple and peppers (I just ate the fish). There was a sort of square 'pita' bread but no butter and no sauce to dip it in, so I'm not quite sure what the point was of that. Dessert was a 4" diameter chocolate brownie pud which was really nice, but a bit dry.

Breakfast was another huge tray. Everyone else got a box containing a roll of some sort - but the guy the other side of the aisle never touched his so I didn't see what it was. We, on the other hand, had a tray containing a bowl of barely defrosted fruit (pineapple and grapefruit, I believe), a bagel, a small vanilla cupcake and cup of half-frozen orange juice. We had been using the skycot table to put things on. I turned away for a minute and the next thing I knew my tray and all its contents were on the floor, the china bowl hitting my left foot and depositing all the fruit on the floor. What a relief she'd poured my tea into a paper cup and it was sitting on its own, or I'd have had that down me as well! The only thing written off was the bowl of fruit: everything else was still wrapped. The bagel was inedible: extremely dry and I had no butter, only a pot of cream cheese (which I tried, but it was horrible), and the cake was also too dry. It's just as well I wasn't hungry ...

So, another holiday over. There were some amazing highs and some really bad lows, but no real disasters (other than the appaling weather which cancelled half the rides at MK).

Disclaimer: I am a fussy eater but on the whole really enjoyed the eating experiences apart from the fact it was so hot we didn't really want to eat and then used most of our SCs on ice cream - for the first time ever! I hope this review has been useful for you.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoyed your reviews, thanks for posting

Sounds like Boma breakfast was a big hit. We have an adr for our last day there
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

loved reading your reviews
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It feels like you had more than your fair share of dining disappointments!

I'm a big fan of booking the CP breakfast for as late as possible so I get lunch too

Thank you for your reviews, enjoyed reading them.
Old 4 Sep 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Shame about Mara. I did enjoy some things from there such as the seafood gumbo, the soups and the hand carved turkey sandwich. I think some of their soups and specials come from Boma.

I think it can sometimes be a hit or a miss. We didn't really enjoy Boma breakfast.

Thanks for your report.

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame about Mara. I did enjoy some things from there such as the seafood gumbo, the soups and the hand carved turkey sandwich. I think some of their soups and specials come from Boma.

I think it can sometimes be a hit or a miss. We didn't really enjoy Boma breakfast.

Thanks for your report.
That's the weird thing, though - we didn't see anything special on the Mara menu at all. There was the flatbread (which came in 3 flavours), a burger, a chicken pita with a very spicy coating so I couldn't eat that, the chicken nuggets and not a lot else. 8 choices in all, if I remember.

The only things they had in the goods to go section were a cobb salad - which I did want but it had about 3 onions' worth of chopped spring onions liberally sprinkled over, a ham and cheese sandwich with mustard, and a chef's salad which, on inspection, was full of red onion and looked a bit dubious. I'm very much a fan of salads being prepared without dressing and then having these provided on the side so you can put what you want on them. They did have Thousand Island dressing and also blue cheese (which I love), but I didn't have a salad to put them on, sadly. A few onions I can pick out, but it would have taken me forever to take the chopped spring onions off.

Boma breakfast I love. We've had it 3 times now, and it hasn't disappointed at all. I like to start with the omelette, bacon and waffles and segue onto a savoury 'salad' with the smoked salmon, cucumber, cheese and tomato in a toasted 'sandwich' which I find cleanses the palate. If I have any room left at all after that, I may have a pastry or two.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

At the front of the line they had a board with specials on when we were there. It showed the hand carved option everyday plus some other stuff and that's where we found the nice soups and the seafood gumbo. I was getting a little bored so the extra options were good.
Old 17 Sep 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Nice report, thanks for sharing
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Nice pics, a few things to try for my next trip

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List