Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Sep 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Day 2

Pershing Square

Before we had left I had researched nice breakfast places and this one seemed to get really good reviews. It is right across the street from Grand Central Terminal & it was really busy & seemed popular with locals. I think we seemed to be the only tourists in there.

We both decided to go with the New Yorker breakfast which was eggs, bacon, home fries & toast & served with orange juice & coffee.

We both really enjoyed this. The only small complaint I had was the toast could have been more well done as it was just like eating warm bread but that's just my personal preference and we would defo go back here again.

Tavern on the Green

After spending a good few hours walking around Central Park we were feeling peckish. We spotted tavern on the Green which is located inside Central Park and we decided to stop for some coffees. We also got a massive cookie which was so yummy & full of milk & white chocolate chunks. It was so nice to site here surrounded by trees & just get away from the hussle & bustle for a bit.

TGI Fridays

We spent a bit of time shopping on 5th Avenue & by this point we were starving and spotted a TGI Fridays so decided to go here for some lunch. We just got some appetisers to share.

We got Jack Daniels sesame chicken strips, buffalo wings and sweet potato fries. This was good but it was really expensive for what we got.

Tony Di Napoli Times Square

I had heard about this place online so we decided we wanted to head here for dinner. I booked a table online and I'm glad as when we got here they were telling people it was a 30 minute wait.

All the food here is served family style enough to fed 2-3 people. We were still quite full from lunch so decided to skip the starters and just get a main course & ordered the spaghetti & meatballs.

The meatballs were huge & really nice. Now I hate Parmesan cheese and as soon as I started eating the spaghetti this was all I could taste so they must add it whilst cooking which I didn't know or I would have asked for it without. Paul really enjoyed it though and I managed to eat a little bit & it was ok. Luckily I wasn't too hungry so the meatballs alone filled me up.

Carlos Bake House

Earlier in the day we had passed Carlos Bake House & decided to get some cupcakes. We had put these in the fridge and decided to eat these for dessert when we got back to the room later in the evening. We both got the carrot cupcake & in hindsight we should probably have ordered 2 different ones so we could try a bit of both. These cupcakes were amazing, they were so moist & the buttercream on the top was really good. Would definately recommend.

Sept 2012 - IDrive & Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2014 - Idrive, Hard Rock Hotel & SSR
Sept 2016 - HONEYMOON - New York, Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club
Sept 2017 - Art of Animation
Lisaf23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Day 3

Best Bagels & Coffee

We fancied another NY bagel for breakfast & since we were planning on going to the Empire State Building this morning i looked online for bagel places near here & found a place 1 block away called Best Bagels & Coffee. People said these were some of the best bagels in the city so we were looking forward to trying then. It's a tiny little shop and when we got there around 8.30am the line was out the door but we waited and within 10 minutes we had our bagels & coffee.

I got a toasted cinammon & raisin bagel with butter & an iced coffee & Paul got a toasted plain bagel with cream cheese & a coffee.

The photo of Pauls is not the best as it doesn't show just how much cream cheese was inside it. These were definately the best bagels I have ever tried. They were huge compared to ones we get back home.

Roasttown Coffee

We passed a little deli on 34th street so decided to pop in for some sandwiches for lunch (more carbs after the massive bagels lol)

I forgot to take pictures of our sandwiches but Paul got a roast beef & cheese panini & I got a turkey club sandwich which was turkey, bacon, salad & Mayo. These were both huge, I only managed to eat half of mine & kept the other half for later but never got round to eating it.

Pinkberry

We were in Macy's when I spotted Pinkberry frozen yogurt place so we decided to get some. We both got a small original froyo and I got mine with strawberries and chocolate chips & Paul got brownie bites & a chocolate crunch sauce.

Buffalo Wild Wings

Paul fancied some wings for dinner and we had passed this place earlier in the week so headed there. I had heard good things about here from my friend who always goes to the one in Florida.

I'm not a massive fan of wings so ordered the naked tenders which was just grilled chicken & came with fries & Paul got 10 wings & a portion of popcorn shrimp.

Paul made the mistake of asking for the medium sauce on his wings even though I told him to go with the mild and they were to hot for him but he managed about 7 before giving up. My naked tenders were really good as was the popcorn shrimp.

Pizza

After seeing the lion king on broadway we were walking back to the hotel when I realised I hadn't had any New York pizza so we stopped at a place on 8th avenue just down from our hotel. Paul didn't want any so I just got a slice of cheese pizza.

This was the biggest slice of pizza I have ever seen & it tasted amazing. Paul was rather jealous he hadn't got any so we ended up sharing this slice but I reckon this would have been equivalent to about 3 slices in the UK.

So that's it for the New York portion of this report. I don't really feel like we need a NY food justice. There was so many places we had wanted to try but we were so overwhelmed with how busy the city was and we were so tired from the wedding so most of the time we ended up just grabbing food from wherever was closest. Just gives us a good excuse to go back again.

Lisaf23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Fantastic reports and lots of great places to add to my list. Which hotel are you staying in? Would you recommend it? We're doing New York for the first time as a family next year and I'm a little overwhelmed!

Have a great rest of your honeymoon. Wedding photo is gorgeous.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Fantastic reports and lots of great places to add to my list. Which hotel are you staying in? Would you recommend it? We're doing New York for the first time as a family next year and I'm a little overwhelmed!

Have a great rest of your honeymoon. Wedding photo is gorgeous.
We stayed at the Hilton garden inn Times Square which was on 8th avenue and just one street away from Times Square. We loved it, the location was amazing and we could walk to nearly anywhere. The only time we got the subway was when we were going down to lower Manhattan. I would definately stay again if I was doing back.

Old 24 Sep 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

All looks delicious! 😛. Bagels look yum! U also look very pretty in ur wedding dress.
Old 24 Sep 16, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Day 4

Newark airport breakfast

We got breakfast at the airport before getting our flight to Orlando. I got a yogurt parfait, a blueberry muffin and an iced coffee.

Paul also got a yogurt parfait, an oat scone & a coffee.

Newark airport is so strange as everything is self scan checkouts but they don't accept cash so you can only pay with credit card.

Beach club at Hard Rock Hotel

We were starving after our flight so once checked in we headed here for a quick late lunch.

I got chicken tenders with fries & Paul got a hot dog with fries. He got a massive beer and I got my first cocktail of the holiday, an electric ladyland which was lovely.

Panda Express Citywalk

Later that night in Citywalk we fancied something quick to eat. We were fed up of fries etc so decided to try Panda Express since we love Chinese food. We both got a plate which was 2 entrees and a side. I got beef & brocolli, orange chicken and chow mein & Paul got orange chicken, teriyaki chicken with fried rice. These were really good.

Old 25 Sep 16, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Food all looks lovely... am feeling hungry reading your report!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Loving your report, we are also doing NY and Orlando very soon!
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaf23
Proud to wear my Ears

Day 5

We just grabbed breakfast from the Hard Rock Hotel before we headed to the parks. We got bagels, coffee & juice, no where near as good as the New York bagels but they filled a hole.

Snacks

We spend the morning in both Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure & grabbed a few snacks while we were there. First up in Krustyland we had to get the big pink donut. This was only 5 dollars & it was huge, we couldn't manage it between the 2 of us & some went in the bin but it was really tasty.

Even though this is our third trip we had never tried butter beer so we decided to get some. I wanted the frozen one as I had heard this was better but the queue we waited in only had the non frozen one so I decided just to get this as all the other queues were so long.

I really wanted to like this but I didnt. It was such a strange flavour & I only managed a tiny bit before it went in the bin. I should have waited and got the frozen one to see if this was any better.

We also picked up a churro to share as we walked past a stall and they smelt so good so we couldn't resist.

Bubba Gumps

After leaving the parks we decided to head to Bubba Gumps.

Paul got his usual coconut shrimp & I got the fried shrimp. These was amazing. So much better than the meal we had in Bubba's in New York. The fries were amazing and I think this was my favourite meal of the trip so far. We just love Bubba Gump's so much.

Beachclub at HRH

We decided to just have a chill out night at the Hard Rock & watch the poolside movie and later on we started to feel a bit peckish so we ordered some nachos to share. These were huge! Everytime we ate some we found more nachos underneath and we ended up leaving loads but they were lovely.

Old 26 Sep 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Bubble gumps looks lovely x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List