Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Nov 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 2

Longhorn Steakhouse

We went to the Longhorn Steakhouse along the 192 and we had to wait around 15 minutes for a table, we were quite surprised as it was a Saturday night and we were such a large group most of the time we were split up and sat across either 2/3 tables.

Texas Tonion - $8.79 (free with voucher)
"Crispy onion petals drizzled with sour cream and served with a zesty dipping sauce."

As it was my dad’s birthday, he had been emailed a coupon for a free appetizer, so we shared a Texas tonion between us.

In the background you will also see the free bread, I was in the toilet when this arrived and it didn't make it long enough for me to capture a picture.

Both me and Kevin and chose the same main meal.

Renegade Sirloin & Baby Back Ribs - $20.99
“Grilled center-cut sirloin paired with a half-rack of our slow-roasted, tender BBQ baby back ribs.”

The 6oz steak is $20.99 however you can go for the larger 8oz steak for $23.99.

Neither of us fancied anything heavy as our sides, snacking on to many smores before we came out hadn’t worked in our favour. So we chose the option of Broccolli.

This was such a good dinner, Longhorn really do cook a steak to perfection. The ribs are also amazing, the meat falls off the bone. I was so full after and none of us had room for dessert.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 3

Discovery Cove

We were up nice and early today, ready for a day at Discovery Cove. I left my phone in the locker for most of the day so not many pictures were taken today. Other than the meals I did manage to photograph we were also able to go to the snack bar throughout the day, the snack bar had pretzels, chips (crisps), Rice krispy treats, soft drinks, water, hot drinks and the yummiest cocktail slushies. The mango being my absolute fave and I consumed more than my fair share…

Originally me and Kevin had a reservation at the Yachtsman for this evening, but we cancelled this because of the timing. Our ADR was for 7:00pm and we would have been in a mad rush to leave Discovery Cove and get back to the villa to get changed on time, also as your food is provided all day at DC I don’t think a massive dinner was needed.

Coffee

Just by the reception area they had a counter where you can serve yourself a hot drink and they also had a bucket of bottled water, I made a coffee with vanilla cream. It was so good; I love how they offer cream in the states.

Discovery Cove is one of my favourite places in Orlando, it's a nice relaxed change from the busy atmosphere of the theme parks.

Breakfast Platter

My hot selections were breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs and a sausage patty and I grabbed a couple of the mini muffins and French toast which I did add syrup too after. Everything was really good, I especially liked the breakfast potatoes and I left with a nice full tummy.

Kevin had a little bit of everything; again he really enjoyed his breakfast. He wasn’t a fan of the porridge, he likes his oats with almond or regular milk and this one was made with water.

Lunch Platter

I opted for the Tilapia which was served with mixed veg and rice. There were also a selection of sides and desserts to choose from, I had potato salad, coleslaw, a Caesar salad, chocolate cake and to be healthy some strawberries and grapes. This was definitely a case of my eyes being bigger than my tummy, I could not finish it all except I did eat all of my cake, it was too good to stop!

In the background you can see Kevin’s tray, I have somehow lost the photo of his food. I do remember he was greedier than me, he had a hot dog with fries and the Hawaiian chicken which was served with rice. I tried a bite of his Hawaiian chicken and OMG it was so yummy, I had major food envy it tasted just like the orange chicken you can get from Panda Express. He opted for cheesecake as his dessert.

After lunch, we sat at the tables for a little longer to let our food digest before we got on with the rest of the day and I tried the Pina Colada frozen cocktail, this was good but not nowhere near as good as the mango flavoured IMO. Here is Kevin tasting a sip:

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 3

Snacks at the Villa

By the time we left Discovery Cove and drove to the villa it was already past 7pm, the rest of the family decided that they wanted to eat at the Outback, me and Kevin were both feeling quite tired and were we had eaten there a couple of nights ago we decided to grab some snacks and have an evening by the pool and hot tub.

We had a selection of bagels, crisps, hummus and I also grabbed some more chocolate to continue making smores. They are my new favourite, the apple was also needed to make me feel better about all the smores…

Also picked up a packet of these, Peanut Butter cup cookies. They were pretty good, my only complaint would be that they didn't have a strong peanut butter flavour.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 16 Nov 16, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Great food report so far
can't wait to see more.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 16, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Your smores look soooo good!
Old 16 Nov 16, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Good pictures,
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
Great food report so far
can't wait to see more.
Thank you, I would say the food gets better as we go along!

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
Your smores look soooo good!
They were soooo good. I am back on healthy eating now, so my apple isn't half as appealing

Originally Posted by Libbyimo View Post
Good pictures,
Thanks for reading

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 17 Nov 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great report, looking forward to the rest!
Old 17 Nov 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 4

Animal Kingdom

We were up and out of the villa by 7:40 today, we were heading to AK for the day and had a reservation at Tusker House for 8:15am.

Today was all the start of the sickness bug, my nephew had been up all night so he and his girlfriend decided to stay back at the villa.

We arrived at AK at just gone 8am, it was a nice change to see the park so empty:

My first time seeing the Tree of Life without a crowd of people in front..

Tusker House – Breakfast Buffet $33

For those who haven't have been to Tusker House, they offer the general buffet items from hot food and pastries but they also do their own take and serve curries, rice, carved meats, fritattas, spiced potatoes and Jungle Juice which is a tropical flavoured fruit drink.

This is the buffet area at Tusker House:

I didn’t take a photo of my plates of food because 1 forgot , I was too busy eating and 2 I find that they never look appealing.

I did remember to take a photo of my sweet plate. It is the un-written law that you have to have at least 1 Mickey Mouse Waffle when in Disney, so of course I took a picture of them.

My personal favourites were the spiced potatoes, doughnut holes, coffee cake and Jungle Juice, which is a tropical flavoured fruit drink. It was so good!

Non-food related photos, my character picture with Mickey Mouse:

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Old 17 Nov 16, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 4

Ice Cream Cart – Kali River Rapids Exit $4.25

The sickness bug had now hit my brother’s fiancé and my baby niece, so my brother took the car to take them back to the villa. My sister was also feeling un-well, but she wasn’t too bad so decided to stay out with us.

When we came off of Kali River Rapids we decided to get a Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich, they are one of my favourite things about the Disney parks.

Orlando 16 - Food Report