Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 16, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Miller ale house - championsgate 5/10

We are staying nearby and gave the new miller ale house in championsgate a try tonight. We liked the feel of the restaurant but we won't be rushing back.

The food seems reasonably priced but I ordered onion rings with my ribs and fries and they were $8 for a standard one person portion. Put the tip and tax on top that's around £8 extra and definately not worth it (they also had a very slight chemical taste to them). My ribs were a bit dry and I struggled getting meat off them as there really wasn't very much meat to be found on them. My fries were only just warm and I would have sent them back but I didn't see my waiter until the meal was almost finished.

My wife's chicken was not the best quality she has tasted and not sure if it was processed chicken (I tried some and wasn't overly impressed). Her pasta was also just warm at best.

So not a disaster at miller ale house, but despite how near it is to the villa we stay at, we would rather drive the longer distance to longhorn which is far superior quality food, better service and we rarely have a bad meal there. Considering longhorn also provide the lovely bread and salads with every meal at no extra cost where as nothing comes with the miller ale house meal unless you pay extra it's a no brainer that the extra drive is worth it to us.

Edited at 03:39 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We preferred the two restaurants next door - food better and more value for money in our opinion
Old 27 Nov 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We didn't particularly enjoy this Millars either. It was very busy though and great atmosphere but the food wasn't fantasic.
Old 27 Nov 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

we ate at the Millers ale house just behind AKV on the 192 ( think its millers ale house Kissimmee )

nice enough food, the server was terrible, as he walked away from us with a order of drinks or tomato ketchup etc etc , you could hear him repeating it to himself loads of time so he didnt forget, then he would forget, BUT he tried his best and while he wouldnt win " server of the year " he at least was polite and would apologise for forgetting stuff

we defiantly would return
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

millers LBV was excellent

we went 4 times out of 14 nights

on our 2nd visit the manager recognised us and sorted us a table straight away, all servers really good

decent food & beer for a reasonable price in a great atmosphere

cant go wromg
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List