Old 15 Jul 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Concierge service at AKL

Morning
We have never done concierge/club level at WDW before, only on Disney Cruise Line. On DCL, the concierge hosts do an awful lot of booking sold out stuff and sprinkling pixie dust if you miss out on something.
Does anyone know if it's similar at AKL please?

We haven't managed to get a FP for Pandora and although we can queue, we'd rather not if we don't have to.

Do you think it's something they could help with on arrival, or not? As I said, we have zero experience of this at WDW so please don't judge - we realise it may be very different to DCL concierge!

Joa
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Yes, the concierges in Club Levels will help you with anything in the same way that they do onboard a Cruise Ship.

So you can ask them to help with anything. However, unless someone knows different, they aren't able to arrange FastPasses as a general rule - however Cast Members in certain areas are able to sprinkle pixie dust for guests and so its definitely worth asking.

Someone on the board may have experience of getting a FP from the concierge?

Also - I assume you've just made your FP's at 60 days was there no availability of FoP at any time? I know this is a difficult ride to get but when I did mine last Sunday there was pretty much any time I wanted? Its also worth checking back from time to time too as they do get cancelled and slots can open up.

The other way to get on FoP with the smallest wait is to go to AK at rope drop and head for FoP as the first ride. There are videoblogs on YouTube showing how to do this
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Yes, the concierges in Club Levels will help you with anything in the same way that they do onboard a Cruise Ship.

So you can ask them to help with anything. However, unless someone knows different, they aren't able to arrange FastPasses as a general rule - however Cast Members in certain areas are able to sprinkle pixie dust for guests and so its definitely worth asking.

Someone on the board may have experience of getting a FP from the concierge?

Also - I assume you've just made your FP's at 60 days was there no availability of FoP at any time? I know this is a difficult ride to get but when I did mine last Sunday there was pretty much any time I wanted? Its also worth checking back from time to time too as they do get cancelled and slots can open up.

The other way to get on FoP with the smallest wait is to go to AK at rope drop and head for FoP as the first ride. There are videoblogs on YouTube showing how to do this
Thanks Mark, appreciate your thoughts.
We're lucky that AK has EMH from 7am on our first full day so as we'll no doubt be awake anyway, we'll head there first thing. It was a 'just in case' really!

FP day was yesterday and nothing available for Pandora. We're doing the VIP Thrills tour the following week when we return after our cruise, so most others rides will get done then.
Thanks

Joa
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi Joa

Years ago the concierge team would e mail well before your stay and ask if they could help with anything, although this was usually dining reservations.

I never really got this from AKL but then I also became a bit of a control freak for managing my own plans.

I would drop them an e mail and ask if it’s something they can help with.

Dawn
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Think at 90 days you can also book paid for FP if staying club level for future reference
GezzasGem is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Think at 90 days you can also book paid for FP if staying club level for future reference
Yes its $50 per person per day with a minimum of 3 days.

I guess if you are really stuck for time then its worth it as you can also book 6 FP a day, there are no tiers and you can book across different parks. (as long as you have park hopper tickets)
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Yes its $50 per person per day with a minimum of 3 days.

I guess if you are really stuck for time then its worth it as you can also book 6 FP a day, there are no tiers and you can book across different parks. (as long as you have park hopper tickets)
Interesting stuff, but not for us at another $300!
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
avabear
Helping Mickey

We stayed CL at AKL in Oct 17. We’d just come from CL at WL and there was a noticeable difference in the overall experience. The staff were hit and miss at AKL, we had ones who were extremely helpful and others who could have cared less (example, our TV was broken and despite promises to repair, it still didn’t work, went to the desk and was told, quite rudely, “you don’t need a tv” ... ummm yeah we have a child and when he’s asleep, it’s nice to chill!). Others were of the “if you need anything at all, come and see us” variety, so like I say, it was hit and miss.

To organise any pre arrival assistance, it’s all done via Disney’s signature services department (no longer done by the same staff you see in the resort). We had to seek them out ourselves before the 90 day mark and chase them up a lot. This time we haven’t bothered and have just organised things on our own, it’s easier! At WL we got an email a week before, from a member of WL staff, asking about any events or room requests. We got exactly what we asked for room wise, but nothing happened re my birthday, our wedding anniversary or my son’s first visit! Not sure why they asked, to be honest, it didn’t bother us but if you’re going to ask, I’d assume it’s for a reason 😂 We didn’t get any contact prior to the AKL stay.
avabear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed concierge a good few times the most recent one was ALK last summer and we're there again for a week after our Southern Fantasy cruise. It's unlikely that they can get you a fastpass if there are none available but you could ask just in case. There was a much better chance back in the day when it was paper faspasses but now CM's have access to the same IT systems as we do so they can't really get something that's not available online. As avabear said, you should contact Disney’s signature services department to see if they can help.

As for the service at ALK, it can be hit and miss but a lot of that is to do with the guests in the lounge. What I've noticed over the years is how people are treating it as a meal replacement plan, or feeling like they are entitled to everything going just because they paid extra for concierge. Last summer we witnessed multiple families descending on the lounge as soon as any of the food started to come out and then proceed to take plates and plates of it away they'd also open the fridge and almost clear it out of soda, or pour out 2-3 glasses of wine at a time. You could see how frustrated the CM's were and it took time to replenish things which meant some guests were being left waiting due to pure greed and selfishness of others.

We know a couple of the CM's who have been there a long time and we always chat and catch up so we find the them really helpful.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List