Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We opted out and will do again next year.
I phoned and requested a fair amount of towels and loo roll at the start and half way through some more toiletries. Also bin liners so we could pop our rubbish in the bin when we left the room. The CM on the phone was lovely and it took all of 2 minutes.

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Hubby is very ken to opt out as on top of the $130 gift card it saves us $5 per day ($70)in tips so actually works out at $200 saving.

Just wondering those who have opted out, have you managed to get a mid stay clean?
I understand this would cost $10 (plus tip)

Also when you request fresh bedding, do they make the bed up for you or just leave you a pile of bedding to do it yourself?

I'm guessing when you request fresh towels, loo roll etc they will just pop by and leave it for you, so you don't have to stay in and wait?

Thanks in advance xx
Not sure about bedding as we just swapped to the other bed instead!
You don’t need to wait in for them to bring you the supplies you’ve requested though.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Just take a pack of Dettol wipes and a packet of bleach tablets from £land. Surely most people swill the bath and basin out after they have used it anyhow! No need for eeew
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post

Not sure about bedding as we just swapped to the other bed instead!
You don’t need to wait in for them to bring you the supplies you’ve requested though.
Didn’t think to do this
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Im actually looking forward to opting out!

We are generally very tidy and only on site for a week - we like to come back to our room for a nap during the day or a chill time and it would always invariably coincide with mousekeeping wanting to clean!

Also I really hate the way hotels everywhere make up beds - I literally pull the bed apart before getting in it as I cant stand how tight the sheets are tucked in and then everyday when they make it I have to do it again!

Also we get $60 plus save around $30 in tips which is a nice bonus

I think if we were on site for longer halfway through we would just arrange for a mousekeeping visit and pay the $10oop and tip and be happy with that

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We would keep it , I like my room cleaned
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by love2plan View Post
We were 3ad 1ch at CBR for 10 nights last August and we opted out of mousekeeping for $90. We got fresh towels whenever we requested them and they still took our rubbish. I would opt again any day
So sorry for jumping in your thread, but we were thinking of opting out and asking them the clean the room day 5,10 and 15, if we do this when do you think they’ll change the sheets, how many times do you get your sheets changed we’re going for 18 nights. Many thanks in advance xx
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
So sorry for jumping in your thread, but we were thinking of opting out and asking them the clean the room day 5,10 and 15, if we do this when do you think they’ll change the sheets, how many times do you get your sheets changed we’re going for 18 nights. Many thanks in advance xx
I may be wrong but I thought you either opted out or in, not able to just choose some days to have cleaning.
We've generally had fresh sheets most days every trip.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I may be wrong but I thought you either opted out or in, not able to just choose some days to have cleaning.
We've generally had fresh sheets most days every trip.
No, you can opt out and then just pay $10 for a clean when you want one.

I don't believe that sheets are changed daily when the same people are still in the room. Beds made, but not new linen daily. Or maybe we've just been unlucky. Once at SSR, we had to request a change at the end of the first week as they definitely hadn't changed it as we'd got a spot of blood on a sheet from a cut, so could tell.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
No, you can opt out and then just pay $10 for a clean when you want one.

I don't believe that sheets are changed daily when the same people are still in the room. Beds made, but not new linen daily. Or maybe we've just been unlucky. Once at SSR, we had to request a change at the end of the first week as they definitely hadn't changed it as we'd got a spot of blood on a sheet from a cut, so could tell.
Usually you can tell by the creases etc if they're the same sheets. We must have just been lucky - this trip we'll probably end up having to go and ask now
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I declined the opt out, I'm in the camp that likes to come back to a clean room and freshly made bed. Each to their own though, I just feel that after paying a fortune for the hotel stay saving $10 a day just doesnt make that much difference.