Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

I'm so sorry to read of your tragic loss. I cannot imagine what you have been through and are still going through. I hope that your holiday will provides you all with some comfort X
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

I have no words of advice different to what's already been said but I couldn't read and run. I am so very sorry for your loss, that is such an awful thing to happen. Sending hugs and love xxx
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

No words...its just every parents worst nightmare. I'm utterly devastated for u.
I haven't read what others have suggested and I hope this comes across right but I would completely shake it up. I wouldn't do traditional things that you used to do and in the order etc. It would be too painful for me and would ruin the trip. For me, I'd have to create new holiday traditions... I'd honour your daughter in a way that is personal and special and from now I would keep that tradition alive but repeating the norm would be too much for me. Fresh holidays keeping her in mind and spirit and prayer but putting a new stamp on it. Things never will be the same it's about adapting and coping the best way u can. I wouldn't want florida to become an aching reminder of what is no more but rather somewhere to keep going knowing she would love it xx

Edited at 09:39 PM. Reason: Sp
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Very sorry to hear about the sad loss of your daughter and hope you get the answers you need and find out why she was taken so young. As a parent my heart goes out to you and your family and cannot imagine what you have all gone through.

Am pleased to hear that your are going ahead with your trip and hope that although it will not be anything like you had planned you are still able to have an enjoyable time. Remember she will still be with you during your visit just this time out of sight but in your hearts and memories at all times.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, and what a truly awful time. I can’t imagine how you’re feeling. I hope that you ALL manage to find some solace in this trip and I’m sure that your eldest daughter would be willing you to try and go on. You sound amazing. Be kind to each other and remember it’s ok to laugh, or cry, or smile or whatever you need to do, and it may not be the same thing for each of you at the same time. Try and make some new memories for all your sakes, and if you manage to find joy in something new, that doesn’t mean you don’t treasure your existing memories. So sorry for your loss.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

So very sorry for your devastating loss, love to you all x
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

I am overwhelmed by all your replies, thank you so much. It really is a comfort to read your good wishes.

It has been an incredibly tough few months, we do hope to have some answers in the coming weeks, I do think it would be helpful to us to know what happened but we also have to accept that we may never know.

To those of you who have also lost loved ones, my heart goes out to you and I hope that your hearts are healing even just a tiny bit with the passage of time.

Thanks again.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDAMUM3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh I'm so sad to read about the tragic loss of your daughter. I hope that your trip brings comfort to you all. I'm sure it will be highly emotional but also such a positive thing to do for your younger daughter. She will see that as a family happiness is still out there even after such a loss. Sending love.
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just a little update to say that I went to see a Spiritual Healer on Tuesday. Not my usual thing but I do feel a bit ‘lighter’ and more able to face our flight and holiday...

I would recommend giving it a try if you ever feel the need...

Thanks again.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Wishing you a safe trip, am sure it will be emotional for you, but I hope it goes well x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List