Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 03, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Fast Pass

I'm not sure how fast pass works - I know that they are used to give a designated time on a ride, but can you get more than one at a time, (for a different ride) or do you have to wait?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 03, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Hi Shell,

It depends on the time allocation on the fast pass as to how long you have to wait to get another one. The ticket itself will tell you when you can.

WE found that if the time was hours away then we could get another one straight away, but if the time was an hour or 2, we had to wait around an hour till we could get another fast pass.

We used them all the time, including on Memorial weekend when the place was swarming, and managed to get on all the big rides, so I think the system works really well

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 03, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Shell,

when you arrive at a ride/attraction you will see a couple of clocks displayed near the entrance, one will be the normal wait time and the other will be the Fastpass return time.

Go to the Fastpass (FP) machine and put your park ticket into the slot, a Fastpass ticket will be printed for you.

Have a look at the FP and you will see two times printed on it, usually 1 hour apart. The first Time is the time you can return to the ride/attraction to use your FP. The second time is the latest time you can use that FP, it expires after this time and cannot be used.

so...
you arrive at the attraction at 9am the wait time is posted at 30 mins, you decide you dont want to wait 30mins in a queue so you decide to use the Fastpass and return later.

You look at the Fastpass clock and it says Return Time 9:50am.
You enter your Ticket in the Fastpass machine and it prints you a ticket with the first time of 9:45 and the second time of 10:45am

You can now go do something else knowing you can return at anytime between 9:45 and 10:45.

You can not get another fastpass for any attraction until 5mins after the first time. so in this case at 9:50am you can get another fastpass. there is an exception to this when your return time is more than two hours away, it will say on the ticket when you can next get another fastpass

When you return to the ride/attraction look for the Fastpass entrance, show your ticket to the CM and you will be allowed to go through.

usually the fastpass line runs side by side to the normal line, and you will be walking straight past all those that are in the normal queue - it always feels as though you are queue jumping.

Eventually you will meet another CM who will check and take your FP ticket, you will then merge into the normal line, but you will only be 5 or 10 mins from the front of the queue.

When it gets busy some fastpasses will have a 2 hour window that you can return, some attractions like Honey I shrunk the Audience sometimes have shorter return times.

Also when it gets busy, Disney tries to direct guests to quieter attractions by printing out Surprise FP tickets along with your normal FP ticket.

Popular attractions like Test Track very often have the return time in the mid afternoon even though you are getting your FP in the morning. If it is real busy, all the FP's will have been issued by lunchtime and you wont be able to get a FP for that attraction.. this is very common on Test Track.

If you use Fastpass wisely then you can avoid long queues.
for example at Disney MGM Studios, we alwasy head first to RnR and ToT which ever one has the longest wait time, we get fastpasses for that ride. We then ride the other using the normal entrance, by the time we have exited the ride, our FP is ready to use, we then get another FP for one of the rides then use the first FP. after that ride, it's usually not too long before we can use the second fastpass.
Old 14 Aug 03, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

You can not get another fastpass for any attraction until 5mins after the first time. so in this case at 9:50am you can get another fastpass. there is an exception to this when your return time is more than two hours away, it will say on the ticket when you can next get another fastpass
So you can hold more than one fast pass at a time? I think things are a little clearer now - my friends weren't so sure, even though they've been before, so I thought I'd ask some of the pros on this board! I'm sure we'll work it out - Stu, I've put the info you gave me into my Word Pro Doc with all my hints and tips, thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread