Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If I wasn’t a DVC member or staying on site I would choose a villa over an off site hotel.
Space, and being a few feet away from the pool and while you’re there a few feet away from drinks, snacks, forgotten goggles and air conditioning outweighs a more cramped hotel room you have to walk down hill and over dale (in many cases) to get to!
I often think that one year we may give a villa a try. I like the idea of coming back from the parks and the kids going straight into the pool - as opposed to finding a parking space, walking 5 minutes to the room, changing and walking another 5 minutes back down to the pool before trying to find a sun lounger.

I also like the idea of having a night in after a long day - kids in the pool and us with a bottle of wine!... maybe next year I will do it!

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We travel with 3 children and have always stayed in hotels. For me it’s the company for the kids in the hotel. They always make friends and for them this part is sometimes the highlight (much to my disgust when the theme park tickets cost so much!).
However, we have never done a villa so I have no point of comparison. Lots of people are the opposite to me.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Where is the villa? We have never stayed in one as it doesn’t appeal but we have stayed in a couple of apartments which were very close to the parks.

Last year friends were staying in a villa in Providence and we went to visit them. It was a beautiful home but it was miles away from anywhere. Even quite a long drive to the nearest restaurants and shops. It completely put me off villas unless I would know exactly where I was staying.

When we did have an apartment we were in Windsor palms. They have villas there too and it is genuinely close to Animal Kingdom. I would consider a hotel there.

Or what about a 2 bed condo? Somewhere like Vistana or cypress pointe could give you the best of both worlds.

Edited at 07:14 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

As I’ve already bought and paid through virgin holiday I can only change to their villas otherwise I’d lose money.

They say it’s somewhere between davenport and champions gate.

This is what makes me uneasy. I like to plan. I would rather know where I would be so I can plan.

I am a bit annoyed as all my planning has been for I-drive. Now we are going with half a plan really.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
As I’ve already bought and paid through virgin holiday I can only change to their villas otherwise I’d lose money.

This is what makes me uneasy. I like to plan. I would rather know where I would be so I can plan.

I am a bit annoyed as all my planning has been for I-drive. Now we are going with half a plan really.
Davenport is a generic area name for dozens of communities stretching alongside US27 roughly from the US192 down to Posner Park area and across to Championsgate and even further east.

Oddly enough not really in Davenport city which is some miles away and spans US17/92

Mick
Old 8 May 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

If the complete unknown makes you feel uneasy, why don't you go with Bev's suggestion above - ask Virgin what the price difference would be for a 2 bedroom condo such as Vistana, Cypress Point or even Vista Cay which is on I Drive?

FWIW I would go with villa with 2 small children. DH and I stayed on I Drive last year for the first time as it was just the 2 of us and we missed having the space to chill. I also didn't get that much enjoyment out of walking up and down I Drive - my kids certainly wouldn't have liked that when they were little lol
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I would go for a villa or condo too , I doubt my children at that age would want to walk up and down I drive after being at the parks all day .
Old 8 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Im against the thread trend it seems.

Hotel for me. Even when our kids and grand kids are around.

I dont want to be washing clothes, washing dishes, vacuuming, changing sheets whilst im on my holiday.

Im not bothered about having my own pool in which i can do two strokes and be across. Nor is my daughter. She loves space in the pool, loves to play with other kids, loves to see how far she can go underwater etc.

I dont want to eat cereal for breakfast or have to cook.

Whilst id love a spare bedroom for all my shopping... and i love to shop that just wouldnt kick it for me. Or an extra 3 toilets, or seperate rooms for the kids etc. I go on holiday with them to be with them not get away from them.

But all that said, the price difference of £130 would make me consider it without a doubt.
Old 8 May 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I loved the villa life so much ...I bought one on my first trip!
i was with daughter and grandchildren, and for those who worry about drink drive, w always have minimal drink with our meal out and then come back to crack open a bottle of wine on the terrace sitting round the pool... kids in bed asleep xxx perfect
If you have kids who are not so easy to settle most villa have TV/video in all bedrooms now, and they love to snuggle with a favourite video (disney of course)
Lots of space, own pool, fridge full of drinks and icecream etc...so relaxing
Any body who worries about cleaning/hoovering/washing bedding etc, you can usually book a midstay clean for about £60 (depending on villa size) and come back to clean beds and house after a day out at the parks
But actually villas just do not get very dusty..the AC works by sucking up the air+ any dust) and the washer dryer scenario plays in your favour for in house washing yor own clothes...no need to take too much with you ..and all towels are provided
A villa means a real home from home environment , stressfree ,and in your favourite place
bring it on !
good luck for all with booking the ideal villa for you xxx
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!

Edited at 11:15 AM.
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We always stay in hotels and never struggled with being in one room. Our own pool has never appealed to our kids, they’d soon get bored of it being just them in the pool they always liked having other kids they could play with, and a villa is a bit too much like being at home for me.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List