Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 May 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile What food do you take with you?

Hoping to stay in a suite with fridge and microwave. What foods would you suggest to pack (whats allowed and what isnt!?). Current list is:
Tea, coffee sachets,sweeteners
Breakfast bars / snack bars
Cereal
Microwave popcorn
Chocolate and biscuits
Micro noodles.

Any of the above prohibited?
Obviously i dont want to fill the suitcase with food but trying to save a bit on snacky stuff knowing we're going to gave to eat out for meals. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What flavour are the micro noodles? Not sure anything meat is allowed! I was asked last week if I had any cup of soups, I didn't only had teabags and cereal bars which I declared, still had to have my bags scanned though.
Old 6 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
This official web site tells you exactly what is allowed.

The big NOS are meat, fish, dairy, fresh fruit and veg.

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use

Dibbers take anything from instant coffee (us as we don't like American brands) to a full Tesco weekly shop.

Nothing wrong with either. Some people hate shopping, find it difficult because they don't hire a car or they have serious allergies so take trusted stuff with them.

Mick
Old 6 May 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Sounds like you're going to somewhere without shops!

I've never taken anything in 20-25 visits to date. Am I the unusual one?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks for the link. Presumably then the likes of chicken pot noodles and egg fried rice micro packets are out of the question 😕
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Bozza we won't have a car and its a few miles to supermarket. The other option would be an Uber to get some groceries.
Old 6 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
Thanks for the link. Presumably then the likes of chicken pot noodles and egg fried rice micro packets are out of the question 😕
Copied and pasted from the link of allowed food so I guess not

Noodles and ramen that do not have meat or eggs in the spice packets

Mick
Old 6 May 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Is it best to pack food on hold luggage or carry on if it needs to be checked?
Old 6 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

None- there are no home foods I couldn't do without, and I find it too much hassle to go through secondary screening with my bags if they decide to do it to you when you declare (had it done).
I order in a full shop via Instacart if staying onsite with no car.
Reminds me of the first time I ever went in 1990. As you did when you went with your mates to Spain back then, myself and the now Mrs YT visited Asda for a shop of pot noodle, and other odds and sods, and for some reason I bought Pek. God knows where I thought I was going.
Anyway, those were the days when the plane had to stop at Bangor (Airtours) to refuel.
The customs guy pulled out my Pek- 'Is this commercially canned?' he asked? I nearly replied- no I have a Pek canning plant in my garage. He let me keep it and I actually ate it there.
The time later I was stopped and had to go through secondary screening was with baby food. Not Pek. I haven't eaten Pek since.

Edited at 08:31 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
Is it best to pack food on hold luggage or carry on if it needs to be checked?
Doesn't matter really. We pack instant coffee into hold luggage simple to save carting it around in our cabin case. Just returned from our 35th trip and always declared but (this will be tempting fate )never asked to open our suitcases. Maybe half a dozen times had our cases rescanned at customs - 5 minute delay at most.

Are you flying into MCO? Our last three trips over about 15 months we weren't given customs forms to complete but the immigration officer asked if we had food. Haven't seen a separate customs officer in maybe three years.

Just don't try to cheat. Those cute little beagles aren't just trained to detect drugs. They'll smell an apple core at 50'

Mick