Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Very unwell but recovering nicely *UPDATE PG34*

I am dibbing from my hospital bed at the moment after being diagnosed with bilateral multiple PEs and clots from my ankle to my abdomen in the veins on my right side.

It never rains but it pours! I am laid here worrying about time off from work and my solo November trip whilst various consultants come back and forth to tell me what tests and treatment they suggest.

I’m not sure worrying about Florida holidays is normal when being placed on the high dependency unit but oh hum

Edited at 08:18 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Oh dear God how awful,hope you recover quickly,you are in the best place.Im sure holiday thoughts are perfectly normal if that's what helps you get through it.Hope you are feeling better asap and don't spend a moment worrying about work,your health is more important.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Hope you get better soon, its normal to worry about important things - like a Florida holiday. Sending you a big hug
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Ouch, nasty. Best wishes for a speedy course of treatment and recovery.
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Hope you get well soon, take care of yourself .
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Oh dear God how awful,hope you recover quickly,you are in the best place.Im sure holiday thoughts are perfectly normal if that's what helps you get through it.Hope you are feeling better asap and don't spend a moment worrying about work,your health is more important.
Thank you so much! I think it’s a distraction technique - they’re not even sure what’s caused this as it just randomly started with some calf cramp on Friday evening, leading to groin pain and shortness of breath in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Trip to A&E thinking I’d be sent home and following a positive blood test for clots they did a CT scan with contrast of my legs, abdominal area and lungs - apparently the deep veins on the right hand side from my ankle into my abdomen is all multiple clots that will require surgery to remove.

Then they have found multiple PEs in both my lungs; they’re dealing with these first by a anticoagulant infusion.

Just in a lot of pain but they’re doing their best to get on top of it.
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
Hope you get better soon, its normal to worry about important things - like a Florida holiday. Sending you a big hug
Thank you... consultants were busy telling me how life threatening the ones in my lungs were and my first thought was ‘can I still fly to Florida?..’ followed by ‘my insurance will be so expensive..’

In all fairness I think maybe I’m in shock.
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope they get you sorted asap.
Just keep on focussing on better times ahead. X
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thank you so much! I think it’s a distraction technique - they’re not even sure what’s caused this as it just randomly started with some calf cramp on Friday evening, leading to groin pain and shortness of breath in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Trip to A&E thinking I’d be sent home and following a positive blood test for clots they did a CT scan with contrast of my legs, abdominal area and lungs - apparently the deep veins on the right hand side from my ankle into my abdomen is all multiple clots that will require surgery to remove.

Then they have found multiple PEs in both my lungs; they’re dealing with these first by a anticoagulant infusion.

Just in a lot of pain but they’re doing their best to get on top of it.
Wow that's scary!.glad they are on top of things and you are getting treated asap,a good thing you went to a and e!.Hope you are fighting fit again soon
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Wishing you a speedy recovery
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List