Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney knows exactly what they are doing with the parking fees. They are increasing the parking price at a higher percent for the value rooms because they want to provide a stronger incentive for those people to leave cars behind. If one leaves a car behind, one is more tied to spending food money at Disney. It’s the people paying less for hotels that are more likely to be $$ conscious and make the effort to drive off-property for food. It’s the people paying more $$ for hotel rooms who are more likely to spend their money on Disney food anyway, because they (as a group) value the time and convenience of eating on property. Disney likely keeps more of their money, anyway, and less need to provide a stronger incentive to stay on-property for food.
The parking fees are separate from the room price because Disney favours a way to motivate people to come without cars. (“May as well fly, as it’s breaking the bank to pay for parking.”) If they raise the room price, everyone feels the pinch and there’s no added incentive to leave the car behind. If only those who bring cars have the added expense, those flying feel a bit like they’re coming out on top (no criticizing Disney’s price increase) and some of those who would have brought a car, end up doing without, and spending more money on property. Win-win for Disney.
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Disney knows exactly what they are doing with the parking fees. They are increasing the parking price at a higher percent for the value rooms because they want to provide a stronger incentive for those people to leave cars behind. If one leaves a car behind, one is more tied to spending food money at Disney. It’s the people paying less for hotels that are more likely to be $$ conscious and make the effort to drive off-property for food. It’s the people paying more $$ for hotel rooms who are more likely to spend their money on Disney food anyway, because they (as a group) value the time and convenience of eating on property. Disney likely keeps more of their money, anyway, and less need to provide a stronger incentive to stay on-property for food.
The parking fees are separate from the room price because Disney favours a way to motivate people to come without cars. (“May as well fly, as it’s breaking the bank to pay for parking.”) If they raise the room price, everyone feels the pinch and there’s no added incentive to leave the car behind. If only those who bring cars have the added expense, those flying feel a bit like they’re coming out on top (no criticizing Disney’s price increase) and some of those who would have brought a car, end up doing without, and spending more money on property. Win-win for Disney.
All very true.. and let’s be honest, it is rather difficult and time consuming to escape ‘the bubble’ by using public transport when you do not have a car. It is no coincidence that ITrolleys don’t run into the transportation centre or Disney Springs and lynx buses do not (to my knowledge) go direct from transportation centre or Disney Springs to IDrive.
It wouldn’t surprise me greatly if their next step was to try and prevent both taxis and Uber from picking up at resorts.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:25 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
And the dining plan price has increased this week . Bob needs to top up his pension before he departs bless him.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
And the dining plan price has increased this week . Bob needs to top up his pension before he departs bless him.
A lot of Americans now refer to him as Bob Ogre.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

While I do appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone also has the option of visiting Disney and paying the price or staying away too. Disney is a business after all, and basically just doing the same as other theme parks. Universal charges for parking too, and the cost of a fastpass there can sometimes be as much as the entry ticket. I dont hire a car so admittedly that is a cost that wont affect me, but if you price up a 2 week hb or all inc holiday in the Med or Caribbean comes out about the same as Disney, if not more. I'll decide year by year if I can continue to go there, and if the time comes that I cant I'll just be eternally thankful to Disney for the uncountable and irreplaceable family memories its given me over the 20+ years i've been going there.
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
International visitors can't bring cars, we have to fly, but many hire cars when they are there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just trying to do a few rough calculations for next year, does anyone know if the resort parking charges include tax or do I have to factor that in as well?

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Just trying to do a few rough calculations for next year, does anyone know if the resort parking charges include tax or do I have to factor that in as well?

-Steve
Its plus tax and there will most likely be another increase before your holiday
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its plus tax and there will most likely be another increase before your holiday
Great thanks. The current charge should be fixed as the Disney site states that the new increases only effect those booking after June 18th.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

It includes tax.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List