Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 03, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Question Food

Hello everyone,

I am 3 weeks away to my first visit to Orlando for 28 years! Just a quick question. Can you take food and drink into the parks? I have been told that the food prices in the parks are astrinomical and was hoping to not have to leave to get food etc.

Thanks guys.

Heather
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 03, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Heather

Its a few years (six) since my last trip, I never took food/drinks into the theme parks, but I did into the water parks. What I did was buy a cool box from one of the cheapo shops and fill it with ice from my hotel, never had any problems taking that.. Hope that helps, if not I'm sure some of the regulars will help you further

Cushy
Old 25 Jul 03, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Hi Heather and welcome to the Dibb

We took snacks and drinks into the park and had no problems at all.

Fire away with any more questions you have, we're always glad to try and help
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 03, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I may be wrong here but I could've sworn I've seen a NO COOLBOX sign at some of the parks. Can someone please confirm?

Lisa
Old 25 Jul 03, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

The NO COOLBOX sign refers to those large coolboxes americans insist on carrying everywhere. We have always taken cans of coke and crisps etc in rucksacks or on the back of the pushchair no problem. Obviously not alcohol etc. You can buy the cans at Wall Mart etc that also sell really cheap polystyrene coolboxes which you can keep in your room and fill with ice from the ice maker. They keep the cans cool and give them a good start to take in the parks.

Also we buy one drink from the vendor which is usually filled with ice and then top it up with the cans. With two kids and the drinks in the parks $2.50 it makes economical sense.
Old 25 Jul 03, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Be careful with this one. In California at Easter, at the Security check points, they were insisting that you got rid of all food and drink, except water, as you entered the park. Don't know whether this is now the policy in WDW though. You will also have to carry it around with you all day.
Old 25 Jul 03, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I wouldn't say that the Park food was "astranomical" - slightly more expensive than outside but; hey, you're on holiday. We usually had large breakfasts at Ponderosa or similar, and then just had snacks in the Parks, then had our main meal in the early evening at a restaurant outside the Park.

I certainly wouldn't worry about eating in the parks.

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 03, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

A lot of the fun for my family over the years has become the food itself. Any posters here will attest to the famous turkey legs, candied almonds, and build-your-own hamburger restaurants in all the parks. Just slightly pricey yes, but I still consider it a terrific value, as the $$ I spend gives me more than just food in my belly. The anticipation and memories each year stick with you long after the food has been enjoyed. Plus, there are so many treats unique to the World Showcase in Epcot - too many really to do in one day. Green ice cream, red bean ice cream (really!), and incredible French pastries come to mind - but I'm jonesing for sweets at the moment.

My humble advice is to consider the food purchases in your budget and plan on $25.00 to $50.00 a head for most days. Some days we graze the whole time on lower priced snacks. Others we indulge in the Germany buffet, or dine with the characters at the numerous other buffets. And, while on the subject, the buffets in themselves are outstanding, and reasonable values if just looked at from a financial standpoint. I consider them cheap when I relive the memories over and over. Try that with a quicky meal at an off-site joint.

I'm a new poster and I'm sure this exact posting has been made by countless other fine folks. But, take the message to heart. Plan ahead to enjoy the great food at the theme parks and resorts! Not to be missed.
Old 1 Aug 03, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i agree eating all that good food is as much part of the holiday as the rides.
i mean is it just me or does everyone else have lobster and steaks and key lime pie every night! or just on holiday.
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 03, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think the food is that expensive... you'd certainly pay more in this country. What you don't get here is the value for money.

We shared most fast food meals(most options suitable for 2). We also shared the drinks...no such thing as small in the USA,
even regular there is bigger than our large... remember and ask for no ice in the drinks..they go further and are still ice cold!

The sit down meals can be expensive... but they were special holiday treats that we all remember... so enjoy!
Closed Thread