Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 Jun 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Argghhh. So jealous and loads of memories coming back. Boat loads of my mates are going to Toronto next month as it was announced a couple of weeks ago that Sunderland are playing Toronto in a friendly at BMO field. All of our money is going on Florida trip so we can't make it over. Would have been perfect!

The only thing I didn't like about your report was the getting tired of Steamwhislte Never!
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Jo - I haven't done any trippies! I am tempted for Quebec as it is something different but not sure I have the patience 😜 I have done a sort of pre-trippie in the Road trip social group!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
Argghhh. So jealous and loads of memories coming back. Boat loads of my mates are going to Toronto next month as it was announced a couple of weeks ago that Sunderland are playing Toronto in a friendly at BMO field. All of our money is going on Florida trip so we can't make it over. Would have been perfect!

The only thing I didn't like about your report was the getting tired of Steamwhislte Never!
Oops, perhaps I should edit that bit!

Such a shame that you're missing out on going with your mates next month, but at least you've got a Florida trip to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Jo - I haven't done any trippies! I am tempted for Quebec as it is something different but not sure I have the patience 😜 I have done a sort of pre-trippie in the Road trip social group!
Will have to go and have a read of your pre-trippie now.

Please think about writing a full report though - they're great to look back on, which makes it all worthwhile. I think it's good to read about different places, and am sure there are many other people who feel the same. Your photos do most of the hard work, and I just use the Notes app on my phone each day to write up any comments, making bullet points through the day, then padding them out into full sentences each night. It takes the hard work out of it when you get home as the trippie is virtually written. Honest!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Thanks for the reports - brought back a lot of memories and agree with the summary.

unfortunately we were just a tad too early in the season for weather and attractions but no big deal.

Glad that the tickets came in handy and thanks for the mentions

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

We have been looking at the possibility of a few days in Canada before flying onto Orlando (the west jet flight prices are pretty good ATM!) your trippie has decided me! And I am now off to find bonzos trippie!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
We have been looking at the possibility of a few days in Canada before flying onto Orlando (the west jet flight prices are pretty good ATM!) your trippie has decided me! And I am now off to find bonzos trippie!
Glad to be of service! Sounds like a fab idea to do Canada and Orlando in the same trip. Have you booked your flights yet?
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 15, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ive booked our trip to Toronto & gone with the Delta hotel! Very excited!
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

A great trip report-reminded me of mine & DH's trip to Toronto some years ago. We went in April, and it was snowing as we landed! I remember it being very cold-it's nice to see the city when the sun is out!
Not long now for your summer trip-I look forward to your TR as in 2017 we're hoping for a Florida 'beach' holiday as opposed to Orlando & theme parks!
Have a great time
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Great tip - apart from the plane landing! We loved Toronto and Niagara too.

Have fun n Florida - we did Marco Island and the Keys a couple of years ago as part of our road trip. Go to Tiger Tail Beach at Marco Island and wade across the lagoon to reach it!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
A great trip report-reminded me of mine & DH's trip to Toronto some years ago. We went in April, and it was snowing as we landed! I remember it being very cold-it's nice to see the city when the sun is out!
Not long now for your summer trip-I look forward to your TR as in 2017 we're hoping for a Florida 'beach' holiday as opposed to Orlando & theme parks!
Have a great time
Thanks for reading.

Unfortunately this was last year, so have already been for our beach holiday. Very lovely it was too, but I'm afraid I didn't do a trippie.

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Great tip - apart from the plane landing! We loved Toronto and Niagara too.

Have fun n Florida - we did Marco Island and the Keys a couple of years ago as part of our road trip. Go to Tiger Tail Beach at Marco Island and wade across the lagoon to reach it!
As above, we did Marco Island and the Keys last summer - so unfortunately we didn't make it to your beach. It sounds lovely though, so will look out for it next time we're there. Am sure we'll return there, although we're giving Florida a miss for a couple of years. We're doing a Med cruise this summer, which is a first for us.