Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 02, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Annie,

that is the current plan.  It's just that after staying on-site in the states and at DLP we quite like the idea of being onsite - but we probably would only visit the park once or twice,  so it's probably daft to stay there for a fortnight.

Saying that...  if we stay off-site, then I would want to stay at a 'family' hotel with a kids club, and they aren't much cheaper.

Mazzy - I don't have the brochure to hand,  but I'll have a look when I get home tonight for the kids ages,  or it may be on the airtours website (www.mytravel.co.uk) but I have never had any luck getting the airtours website to work for me.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 02, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

Hi,

We are booked to go on August 21st so can tell you all about it soon.

I received a letter a few days ago detailing all the changes to the brochure description and I was very upset to see one of them which had been one of my main reasons for booking the holiday.
There was to be a private beach club,that is a private beach and an outdoor pool for hotel guests use only,taken/picked up by a shuttle bus.The beach club is not being built as the council have refused permission,and the bus takes you now only to the public beach.I called the tour operator who told me because in the brochure all the descriptions said 'planned', eg planned beach club,they weren't responsible for any changes made,and wouldn't reduce the cost ofthe holiday at all.

I think its disgusting .  JMC are cleverly covered legally but it isn't good customer services.How is it they only just sent the letter coincidentally after I've paid my balance in full?I have written to them to tell them all this and to say they should give me a reduction on the holiday as a gesture of goodwill,I don't hold out much hope .

I hope this doesn't spoil the holiday at all .
Kazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 02, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

I looked for the wish you were here info and it's gone Mazzy .  

Could you tell about the character breakfast please .
Kazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 02, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
that's quite interesting kazzie, as the beach club is still on their website, although it just says 'Universal Beach Area'  it doesn't actually state that it's a private beach club.

I'd love to hear what you think about it when you get back, as we are very keen at the moment, although  pricewise we are leaning towards a normal hotel in Salou, so wondering if it's worth the difference or not.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 02, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

Bev,

Very interesting it's on there,there is no beach club... only a courtesy bus to the public beach.

I'll let you know all about it when we're back.
BTW I've got a TA 'truth guide' on hotels in Costa Dorada,feel free to ask me to check, if you're interested in a particular one .
Old 22 Jul 02, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Kazzie

Sorry to hear you aren't going to have the private beach, it must be disappointing, I hope you enjoy your holiday anyway .

Regarding the character breakfast all I can remember is that they mentioned Popeye but can't remember the prices sorry!  Yes the info on Wish you were here changes weekly, so it won't be up now.

How old are your children?  Just trying to find out what ages the child prices cover?

Thanks .

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 02, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mazzy -

sorry I forgot to post,  the brochure I was looking at (thomson's I think) has kids upto 12.

Bev
Old 22 Jul 02, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

Just to add on the child prices,only Mattie was a child price and he's 12,the others were adults .

I sound really snobby,like I don't want to go on the public beach! It was just that a private beach with outdoor pool did sound very appealing .
Old 22 Jul 02, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I wouldn't worry about feeling snobby Kazzie - if the brochure says you are going to get something, then you expect it,  and it's disappointing to find out it won't be included, regardless of whether the public beach is nice or not.

bev
Old 23 Jul 02, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Thanks for the price info - Sam will be 13 in June so that's 3 adults to pay for!  I thought charter airlines had child prices up to 16 usually?  I guess it's to do with the ticket prices?

Maybe Orlando would work out just the same as Virgin has teen prices now, I'll hav eto look into it.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread