Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jan 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Travel day. Ugh. But what a fab morning. I’m not sure which I am more impressed with.. the ride or snack tally.. both were outstanding!

The food sounds a bit feeble on the flight home. It just compounds the misery and sorry that Kate now also feeling unwell.

Well the bat on arrival home is one to beat for sure. I’ve dealt with a maggots infested bin but never a bat. I’m surprised you didn’t all think you were hallucinating with jet lag. Bravo Dave for dealing with it.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Travel day. Ugh. But what a fab morning. I’m not sure which I am more impressed with.. the ride or snack tally.. both were outstanding!

The food sounds a bit feeble on the flight home. It just compounds the misery and sorry that Kate now also feeling unwell.

Well the bat on arrival home is one to beat for sure. I’ve dealt with a maggots infested bin but never a bat. I’m surprised you didn’t all think you were hallucinating with jet lag. Bravo Dave for dealing with it.
I was too tight to pay for a proper breakfast when I knew we had all the leftover snacks. It certainly did feel like we were hallucinating when the bat made its appearance. Not what we were expecting at all!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

How do you do it?!?! You managed to fit a full days worth of rides into travel home day morning! Absolutely awesome I'm also impressed by the amount of snacks the kids managed to eat. At least you got them used up.

I've never been to a Hard Rock Cafe, but I have to say the burgers all look great, although it's a shame the middle of yours was cold.

Flight home seemed ok for you, but how awful is that filled croissant thing BA serve at breakfast. We had it too.

How scary with the bat flapping around your house. I've had birds come down the chimney before and that was bad enough, but a bat! Eewww! Glad it went out quite quickly.

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us Abby, I've really enjoyed reading along.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
How do you do it?!?! You managed to fit a full days worth of rides into travel home day morning! Absolutely awesome I'm also impressed by the amount of snacks the kids managed to eat. At least you got them used up.

I've never been to a Hard Rock Cafe, but I have to say the burgers all look great, although it's a shame the middle of yours was cold.

Flight home seemed ok for you, but how awful is that filled croissant thing BA serve at breakfast. We had it too.

How scary with the bat flapping around your house. I've had birds come down the chimney before and that was bad enough, but a bat! Eewww! Glad it went out quite quickly.

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us Abby, I've really enjoyed reading along.
For the travel day it wasn't a bad tally of rides was it! It was a whirlwind journey around Island's and then we even managed the horror make up show. The kids would have been a bit cross if we hadn't don't it. They really love that show.

That BA croissant is awful isn't it? I bet loads of them get thrown away.

Yep, we've had birds down the chimney too, but have never had a bat in the house before, nor since actually.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have finally finished, I can’t believe how long it has taken me to read this trip report! I’m dead impressed you did the parks on a travel day, I’m not sure what we usually end up doing but I can’t remember ever going into the parks when we are flying home...
I think the Hard Rock will be on our restaurant list this time as we still have never had any food in there, we’ve been in the shop for an aircon break and we’ve also been to see the Berlin Wall but never had food.
The flight home seemed stress free apart from poor Kate catching the lurgy.
I forgot all about the bat trying to get in on the action while you watched Spiderman.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I have finally finished, I can’t believe how long it has taken me to read this trip report! I’m dead impressed you did the parks on a travel day, I’m not sure what we usually end up doing but I can’t remember ever going into the parks when we are flying home...
I think the Hard Rock will be on our restaurant list this time as we still have never had any food in there, we’ve been in the shop for an aircon break and we’ve also been to see the Berlin Wall but never had food.
The flight home seemed stress free apart from poor Kate catching the lurgy.
I forgot all about the bat trying to get in on the action while you watched Spiderman.
I was glad to be in the parks. One year we hung around the resort and it's all a bit flat, I much prefer living in denial and pretending it's not really home time. It was a whirlwind tour of Islands and the studios, but It was worth it.

I like the Hard Rock, I've just got to remember not to order that Mac and cheese burger, the burger part was fine it was just the Mac and cheese balls thingy that was stone cold in the middle. The Hurricanes more than made up for it though.

The bat was surreal honestly you wouldn't think it's possible.

Old 3 Mar 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

If I suggested a 6.30am alarm on the day we’re flying home Nik would laugh in my face. You really squeezed so much into your final day so it was definitely worth the early start and probably helped the kids sleep on the plane.

Your never-ending snack haul is so amusing to me, the kids are constantly munching just because they can. Only on holiday.

I love that the upgrade to APs was free, I know you think you probably paid too much for your tickets in the first place but when they told you the ‘price’, you must have been thrilled.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
If I suggested a 6.30am alarm on the day we’re flying home Nik would laugh in my face. You really squeezed so much into your final day so it was definitely worth the early start and probably helped the kids sleep on the plane.

Your never-ending snack haul is so amusing to me, the kids are constantly munching just because they can. Only on holiday.

I love that the upgrade to APs was free, I know you think you probably paid too much for your tickets in the first place but when they told you the ‘price’, you must have been thrilled.
I know I reckon 6.30am was a bit much for the last day. But we did really enjoy it. We had such a fun time jsut racing through the rides we love at islands. Plus fitting in the stuff we hadn't managed to do yet. The snacks did keep everyone going though you're right, the kids delved into the park bag in virtually every queue until there was nothing left.

Getting the annual passes for free was great, not that we've used them at all yet, but it does mean this year any trip we do at universal is going to feel even better. I'm saving all my Tesco Clubcard vouchers so I really hope they don't stop the hotels.com offer as we should he able to get a 1 night stay with very little to pay.