Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 8 MNSSHP

Today the plan was originally to go to Hollywood Studios then MNSSHP but we were enjoying the slower pace of the trip so decided to spend time in the pool. We still weren’t sure what Hurricane Dorian was planning but were keeping a close eye on the news and the WDW website. It was announced that the MNSSHP would still go on but the parks would be closing early the next day. We had a rest day planned with the option of going to a park so that was ok with us.

We had a late breakfast of champions ie doughnuts and took advantage of the lack of rain at that time and spent time by the pool. We eventually got ready and went to the Magic Kingdom parking in Zurg about 3:20.

There were lots of people waiting to get into the party and were queuing at separate turnstiles but we went in and went to City Hall to see where we could get our bands later and we told to come back about 4. We had a wander about and used our fastpasses for Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Space Mountain, We called at Auntie Gravities and I had the candy corn milkshake and Beth had the ice cream version and sat on some tables by the Speedway which Paul and Beth decided to go on whilst I finished my drink.

I was watching out for them and Paul went round but no sign for Beth for ages. Turns out her car broke down and she had to go around again. Looking at the video it’s quite scary to imagine that she has now got her provisional driving licence!

We then went over to City Hall to get our wristbands – we were officially party guests.

We walked through the gates to the right of the square and collected our trick or treat bags and saw a couple of stations when we were about but didn’t realise they didn’t open until later. Over to Fantasyland and me and Beth had a look in the Big Top and got a few bits and pieces including light up Jack Skellington necklace for Beth. Paul decided he wanted to ride on Dumbo so headed off on his own! After me and Beth came out of the shop we went over to meet him and stood taking photos. He is far too pleased with himself on this ride!

Tradition states that Paul and Beth have to go on the carousel which they did and then the Trick or Treat stations opened so we went on the hunt.

The staff over at Haunted Mansion were dressed up for the occasion so I took some photos and we got our first lot of candy in Frontierland.

Paul wanted the loo so me and Beth sat on the wall outside Pescos Bills to wait for him. Whilst we were there I spotted a drinks cart opposite that was also selling the limited edition Haunted Mansion popcorn buckets so I sent Beth over there to get us a couple of drinks and some popcorn with strict instructions to make sure she got the popcorn in a cardboard tub and not to spoil the popcorn bucket as I wanted it for my BFF Laura for part of her Christmas present. Paul and Beth went on Splash Mountain but I didn’t want to get wait so sat by the shop to wait for them and people watch to see some of the fabulous costumes. When I was there I saw a girl dressed as Madame Lolita – she was amazing. After the ride we got some candy fro the trick or treat station there but they were very mean with 1 piece each! It was starting to get dark so we rode Big Thunder Mountain – really love the ride in the dark and we got some more candy from a station near there which was much more generous. We wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean which unfortunately was down so made do with a photo by the sign instead.

Wanting to ride Haunted Mansion we headed back that way but the first parade was just about to start so we tried to cut through Pescos. We came out and were trapped by the seating area outside but ended up with a great view of the parade so we decided to stop and watch it as originally we had planned to watch the second one. Unfortunately we had missed the headless horseman which I was looking forward to but enjoyed the rest of the parade.

The queue for Haunted Mansion was too big for us so checking the app we saw that the rides in Tomorrowland had reasonable queue times so went over there cutting through Fantasyland where we called at the Trick or Treat station in Pinocchio Village House. It was here where I saw the strangest woman with the most candy I have ever seen! She was probably about 60 and dressed as a witch (no comment there!) and had a massive bag with her. She went to the cast member on the right so we went to go to the one on the left. After she got her candy she practically elbowed us out of the way to get to the other barrel. Not sure why she did it as it wasn’t as if they were going to run out of candy but she was on a mission. Her bag was full so she asked for another one which they gave her. She got her candy as and we went outside she stopped and opened the massive holdall which was crammed full of candy – the greed of the woman. I was surprised she could carry it and it was there were still hours of the party left. I don’t think she was there to enjoy the party, I think she was just there to get as much candy as she could. Would have probably been cheaper just to go to Walmart. Still – each to their own.

Over in Tomorrowland we went on Buzz Lightyear – probably waited about 20 minutes but all good as we were in the air conditioning. Then over to Space Mountain which had hardly any queue and was fabulous in the dark. We had no other plans as such and just pottered about calling in at Trick or Treat stations and generally just took in the atmosphere and enjoyed looking at the costumes.

We had a chat and made the decision that we were too hot, tired and bothered to fight the crowds and see the fireworks in front of the castle. The weather just seemed very oppressive and our legs felt like lead weights walking round. We had seen Hallowishes from the California Grill a couple of years before and were happy to grab a slushy from Big Top Treats and sit on a wall and enjoy the fireworks from there. We decided to call it a day then and headed back to the villa very tired but happy.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow that's a lot of candy in your final photo, I can only imagine how much the lady you described had!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinq
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You do not have to pay back SMP infact your employer claims back anything from 92% - 103% of it through their monthly PAYE. If your employer only has 3 employees it is likely that he will get back 103%

As others have said your accrue annual leave and bank holidays and while you are on maternity and even if you chose to leave at the end of your maternity you are entitled to have this paid to you. You can request part time they don’t have to offer it. In fact they don’t have to have strong reasons to decline they can just say it would be detrimental to the business. I would say take a look at CAB and other websites recommended and make sure that your notify your employer in the correct way and give the correct notice etc. Remember you are also entitled to paid time off for ante natal appointments. Your employer doesn’t sound the most supportive so to be equipt with as much knowledge as possible I would say is the best approach. Good luck with your pregnancy.
Cinq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Wow that's a lot of candy in your final photo, I can only imagine how much the lady you described had!
That was between 3 of us and was 4 bags worth in total. It was fun collecting it but far too much as we still have some 4 months later!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow that’s some trick or treating! That woman omg how embarrassing 🙈 elbowing people out of the way for candy!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List