Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Rooms Refurb at AKL Complete?

Hi,

Does anyone know if all the non-dvc room refurbs at Jambo house are now complete.
We want a refurbed room due to TV size, but wondering if they all have them now or we need to request an area through touring plans.
None of the standard WDW info feeds can categorically answer my question.

Thanks

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d like to know this too!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if all the non-dvc room refurbs at Jambo house are now complete.
We want a refurbed room due to TV size, but wondering if they all have them now or we need to request an area through touring plans.
None of the standard WDW info feeds can categorically answer my question.

Thanks
Hi- been following your other thread - just getting my paperwork from our stay in September and I'll try and help you with rooms

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Ok - we were Kudu trail room 2350. Touring plans was a complete waste of time, as you can see we were originally allocated room 1162. I asked at checkin for a refurbished room with a partial savannah view and they gave us 2350. It was fabulous - we were right opposite where the animals slept, so we saw them all come out in a morning, and all coming in at night. It was lovely as they all queue up to go in at night. The only downside was it was quite a trek to reception. The rooms are really beautiful, with a lovely big bathroom area, and separate shower/toilet. You will love it. They are so helpful, I'm sure they will do their best to make sure you're happy.

Still not sure if all rooms are now refurbed though, but I'm pretty sure you'll get one.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 09:35 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that. From what I’ve read it looks like Kudu was the first area on the refurb plan. I think if I ask for Kudu I should get a refurbed room.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We asked for a refurb room when we got there in September, we had only booked a standard room as we were not bothered about a Savannah room, we were given a fabulous Pool view Room 2474. End of corridor so we had a back way down to the pool. Could not have been better. Terrific room.
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great to know. We have savannah view, so will just request a refurbed room at check in. We don’t mind which area we end up in. Trek to the lobby doesn’t bother us either.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MonkeyNut
Excited about Disney

We stayed in December and had a few issues so spoke to the manager. He said refurb will be complete by Easter at the latest. Fingers crossed as we return September

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando 2013, 2015 and 2017
Wilderness Lodge/Rosen Inn @pointe 2018
Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge 2019 and 2022
Mums 70th surprise trip 2023
MonkeyNut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MonkeyNut View Post
We stayed in December and had a few issues so spoke to the manager. He said refurb will be complete by Easter at the latest. Fingers crossed as we return September
Cool, fingers crossed it is done by the time we get there. I'm not too bothered about the refurb itself, I'd just like a big TV to watch from the bed, as no parks on this trip (except Typhoon Lagoon).

Old 27 Jan 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

In November we were in a non-refurb room, it was on the end of Giraffe Trail with a pool view (lower floor at the pool level) we'd booked a standard room also, room was lovely, and was happy to keep the room as it was a short walk around the pool to the Mara and not a long trail to and from the buses. Would like to go again and stay in the refurb rooms though!