Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Guess who saved by flying TC ? Day 5

Today was marked as a visit to the Studios for a 4.30 Fantasmic Dinner Package. We were up early, had a bagel and coffee out on the balcony and then went to the bus stop to employ our "catch the first bus" to wherever it was going. First bus ? Hollywood Studios. We jumped on an empty bus and off we went. I love all the familiar sights that this park gives and we simply wandered around looking for a photopasser

We didnt stay long, after I only did the Rock and Roll twice in a row, we both said how we enjoyed being there so early (7am) so we could actually appreciate all this park has to offer. It felt surreal having photos taken so early in the morning
we then went back to OKW to have a bit of lunch and a swim in the quiet pool by our block.
We took the opprtunity for Leander to chill on the balcony while i did some washing (translated as checking up on Thomas Cook) and sorted a few clothes for later.
Around 3ish we went to get a bus for the Studios again, where we had an ADR for 4.30 at Hollywood and Vine. Man was there some good grub. Pathetic desserts, but amazing mains. I loved seeing the characters, even at 56 yrs old

It was a case of wandering around then until Fantasmic. Again, a lovely show where I still sit open-mouthed at the end. When that music plays, you know the one ... I have absolutely no qualms in saying I always shed a tear. I dont care. The highlight of the trip so far.
When we got back, we got off at the main building to look around the shop and stroll back to our villa. Really loved today.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love Fantasmic too. I love the build up with the crowd all trying to do Mexican waves and the cheesy songs played by the DJ. It is such a brilliant show. Last year we didn't get to appreciate It as much as I would have liked as it was really drizzly and so we left it a while before going into the stadium. The show was still good, but I want to be front and centre this year. I can't wait to see it properly again.

Also, a great idea with hopping on the first bus that comes along. The park did look empty and strolling around first thing in an empty park is lovely. Some great photos of you both today.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

My clothes were getting more "Mitch" every day. The early morning hours are amazing for couples, they really are
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List