Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Bags and glasses...

I’m thinking of taking a really really small backpack just to fit wallet, sun cream, sunglasses etc (struggle with over the shoulder bags as it hurts after a while)... but what do you do with them when you go on a ride? !

Also, are there any rides in WDW you would need to take glasses off?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

There are no rides in WDW that you can't take bags on with you. You also don't really need to remove glasses on any rides - they are not that fast or rough. If you want to remove them on rides like Rock n Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest, there are small mesh pouches in the ride vehicles that you can put them in to. Small bags will fit in these also or you can just put them on the floor - loop the strap around your leg if it makes you feel more secure.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Oh great, thanks. I’ve been before but with little children so we didn’t do bigger rides. That’s great that bags can be taken on all rides!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I bought one of the large Kiplin bumbags for Florida. It meant I didn’t get a sweaty back and didn’t hurt my shoulders after a few hours. It easily keeps sunglasses, sun cream, phone, make up, etc, and I knew I couldn’t accidentally put it down and lose it!
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

What would I do with the droids the kids plan to build, or their lightsabers? Thanks
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miikeyblue View Post
What would I do with the droids the kids plan to build, or their lightsabers? Thanks
My son built a lightsaber on the way out so we didn’t have to worry.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

In terms of wearing glasses on rides - a couple of cautionary tales from my personal experience:

1) Me as a teenager on the Jurassic Park ride at IoA a decently long while ago. Fairly tame ride. I somehow managed to bash the side of my head against something or other, and bent my wire frame glasses into something like a 30 degree angle. Thankfully we managed to bend it back, or I would have been blind without glasses for the rest of the holiday.

2) Couple of years back on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride at DCA (similar ride mechanics to Tower of Terror at DHS). Someone on the same ride as me had their glasses fly off during the ride. At the end of the ride they stood up and asked the elevator if anyone had seen their glasses - luckily for them it landed just a couple of rows away from where they were and they got their glasses back.

So while you can wear glasses on rides... I'd be a bit careful about doing so. Or make sure you have spare glasses. Or use things like spectacle hooks to try and get the fit a bit more secure...
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
Oh great, thanks. I’ve been before but with little children so we didn’t do bigger rides. That’s great that bags can be taken on all rides!
Some rides have pockets you can put bags in, I sometimes find my bag is a bit too big so I put it by my feet and usually put one of my feet through the strap for extra security.

Originally Posted by miikeyblue View Post
If you are onsite you can send the droid or lightsaber back to the room. I suggested this to DH but he said he wants to keep his droid with him for the rest of the day. I booked an afternoon build slot with Oga's Cantina shortly afterwards, so I think we will do the bigger rides like RnR before hand and take the droids to Oga's and on Toy Story Mania and other less intense experiences.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Some rides have pockets you can put bags in, I sometimes find my bag is a bit too big so I put it by my feet and usually put one of my feet through the strap for extra security.

If you are onsite you can send the droid or lightsaber back to the room. I suggested this to DH but he said he wants to keep his droid with him for the rest of the day. I booked an afternoon build slot with Oga's Cantina shortly afterwards, so I think we will do the bigger rides like RnR before hand and take the droids to Oga's and on Toy Story Mania and other less intense experiences.
I suspect the kids will want to keep their droids with them too, from what I've read they interact with other bits in the area, and it would be a shame to miss that. Maybe I'll schedule it for later in the day, as was posted above

Thanks all.
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

I second the Kipling bumbag idea, I have a little Kipling shoulder bag that can be altered into a bum bag. I snapped it around my waist as we were queuing. It was big enough for cards, sunglasses, keys and a small sun lotion.
I got caught out with a big back pack in Universal because the lockers are sometimes a little way into the queue, no bumbag that day. I put my backpack in the locker and forgot that I was holding a plastic water bottle and my daughter was wearing her prescription sunglasses. She couldn’t take them off as she can’t see without her glasses, but we’d been taking them off for rides.
We got onto the Forbidden journey, it dawned on me that I had a water bottle in my hand and no little stow space to put the bottle or DD’s glasses.
The ride tilts at about 70 degrees, I had a water bottle rolling around behind my back, which I thought was going to fall out, and one hand on my daughter’s face holding her glasses firmly on. I hated every second, thinking we’d be chasing to the opticians to get new sunglasses.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List