Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Ibis Marne-La-Vallee Val d'Europe and central Paris

I am struggling to find somewhere to stay (<-- my head looking up hotels) as I haven't been to Paris in about 10 years and I feel like the knowledge I had from this has been replaced by all things America

I've posted about this already, but I'm planning a friends Hen party, we go on Thursday 30th April (arrive into CDG around dinner time) - Sunday 3rd May (depart CDG around dinner time as well). There's a group of us going, but only half of us are going to Disney for the day (even though that's the whole point of choosing Paris as the bride obviously loves Disney, but that's another story )

Before I was told people weren't going to the park with us I had prebooked ibis Marne-La-Vallee Val d'Europe as this seemed like a great location for Disney. I still have this booked with free cancellation on Booking.com, but I'm not sure whether it's going to work?

The plan will be to arrive in, get to the hotel and drop our bags off, and then get dinner, and maybe a drink or two.

On the Friday half of us will go to the parks, and the other half will sort themselves out (although I found out from someone else on the Dibb that this is a bank holiday so things will be closed!)

The Saturday we will spend going around some of the tourist sites in central Paris (the bride, and some of the rest of us have already been, so we don't need to necessarily cram everything in)

The Sunday we'll probably get up and have lunch and get ready for the airport. If we pick this hotel I can see that it's right beside a shopping centre so we might go there for a look about as well (I see a Sephora!)

The reviews I've read on the hotel say it's 1 stop (5 mins) to Disney, and around 45-60 minutes into central Paris. Does this sound like a terrible idea to base ourselves there if not everyone is going to the park, and because we will want to spend the day in Paris on one day ourselves?

I have looked at a few more centrally located hotels, but we're on a bit of a budget since we're going to be splitting the cost of the bride between ourselves (and as I'm sure you can see from my countdown, I have another trip coming up myself shortly after!) I thought this one looked good as we won't be driving, and being so close to the train station would be handy.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

That all sounds good to me, I wouldn’t change the hotel.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally think you should stick with the Ibis - it's in a good location for getting to Paris and ideally placed for Disney. Having the shopping centre so nearby is another big bonus.

I don't envy you with the hen do planning - I did one for my friend and it was such a headache trying to please everyone!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The Ibis at Val d'Europe (which I think is the one you've booked) used to be my "go to" hotel for DLP trips back in around 2013 when I had an AP and went a few times that year. What I recall of it was that while the rooms are basic, they were fairly comfortable and I didn't have any issues with it.

It is located right outside one of the Val d'Europe RER exits. So extremely convenient for getting to the RER, which is really only 1 stop to Disney (Marne La Vallee) though quite a few stops away from central Paris (45-60 minutes sounds about right, though this would depend on where in central Paris you are trying to go).

In terms of the shopping centre - it is very close to the massive shopping centre and equally large outlet mall at Val d'Europe. The Val d'Europe RER exit for the Ibis is on the opposite site from the shopping centre though so might be a few minutes' walk to get there. A few years back I seem to recall that most of the shops weren't open on Sundays, so you might want to look up shop opening hours if you were planning to go there on a Sunday...

Personally I'd think the Ibis is definitely a decent choice especially if you're trying to do both Disneyland and central Paris! And being a bit further from the city centre also means that you get a better value on the hotel than trying to book a hotel right in the city centre.
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We stopped at the aparthotel over the road from the ibis (there were no 4 person rooms available in the ibis) and the location was excellent, the rer exit is right outside but it is a looong plaform (the rer was shut due to the strikes when we were there so we used uber anyway). It might have been Christmas opening times but pretty much all the shops were open in val d europe.

Edited at 06:12 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know if I was being silly looking at somewhere like that for going to central Paris for a day!

I have looked up the shopping centre opening hours and it looks like the open on a Sunday currently, will check again closer to the time

I'm currently now just trying to find the will power to bring up this suggestion to the rest of the group haha! It definitely seems like some people are forgetting what the purpose of this trip is
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Just tell them if they’re not happy to book their own hotel 😉.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Plot twist... This may not work anymore as far as I can see they only do 2 people to a room, so I thought I might check with one of the girls who said she couldnt book her flight yet. Turns out she may not be able to go anymore, which may leave us with an odd number, needing a room for 3, and then two rooms of 2, and I dont want to leave someone to a room by themselves (and its also one of the people who was actually going to go to the park with us!)

Might be back to the drawing board
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Plot twist... This may not work anymore as far as I can see they only do 2 people to a room, so I thought I might check with one of the girls who said she couldnt book her flight yet. Turns out she may not be able to go anymore, which may leave us with an odd number, needing a room for 3, and then two rooms of 2, and I dont want to leave someone to a room by themselves (and its also one of the people who was actually going to go to the park with us!)

Might be back to the drawing board
Oh no! What a nightmare.

How about something like the Apartment Serris Val D'Europe - they definitely do bigger rooms and you may be able to get one room for 3 and the other for 4.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Oh no! What a nightmare.

How about something like the Apartment Serris Val D'Europe - they definitely do bigger rooms and you may be able to get one room for 3 and the other for 4.
Thank you! I'll take a look and see how the price is looking and if that will work