Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
D1sn3yf4n
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Tickets gone down in price

I booked in June last year for September this year and I just noticed that the park tickets are nearly £30 cheaper each, do you think Disney will price match?
D1sn3yf4n is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Have you booked a package with free dining or just the tickets? Did you buy them through Disney and have you paid in full ?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Disney price the tickets higher while free DDP is on sale then reduce them. If you have bought as part of a package with free DDP - not a chance. Otherwise depends on sale terms - or just ask.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jiminycricket
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I'm looking for 2021 but I'm thinking of booking without free dining and renting DVC points instead. If I do, would you recommend holding off buying Disney tickets until around this time next year? Is it fairly consistent that they drop ticket prices in January ish? Would I need to worry about a ticket price increase through the year or does this only occur when they initially release ticket prices for the year? Thanks!
jiminycricket is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by D1sn3yf4n View Post
I booked in June last year for September this year and I just noticed that the park tickets are nearly £30 cheaper each,
This often happens. At least it's happened in the last 4 years or so.

Originally Posted by D1sn3yf4n View Post
do you think Disney will price match?
No, I'm afraid not.

What you're describing is not "price matching" in the usual sense where a company will match it's price with a different company's price at the time of booking/purchasing. What you're describing is changing your contract and changing the price you and they agreed to at the time of booking to a different price not agreed. Disney doesn't even do the usual price matching, let alone what you're suggesting.

However, you could cancel your current booking and rebook at the new price. This is perhaps worth considering if you have a ticket-only booking, but perhaps not if you have a package.

BTW, one could argue that if you wanted them to change the contracted price when the price went down then you should also expect them to want to change the contracted price if the price went up. That would be fair.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
I'm looking for 2021 but I'm thinking of booking without free dining and renting DVC points instead. If I do, would you recommend holding off buying Disney tickets until around this time next year? Is it fairly consistent that they drop ticket prices in January ish? Would I need to worry about a ticket price increase through the year or does this only occur when they initially release ticket prices for the year? Thanks!
Yes, I would consider waiting until around December this year before buying Disney tickets for 2021. The prices have dropped in December for the past 4 years (I think).

I'd only buy tickets earlier if it was part of a package deal (like free dining) or someone was offering some special deal that you fancied (like free Star Wars MagicBands or free tickets to Legoland).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kittones
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
BTW, one could argue that if you wanted them to change the contracted price when the price went down then you should also expect them to want to change the contracted price if the price went up. That would be fair.
If you read the contract they can actually do this if the price of the holiday increases by a certain amount.

I did ask about the ticket price change and they said that the only way to get it would be to cancel and rebook the package. I find with holidays there's never any harm in politely asking. All they can say is no. Some companies are happy to amend bookings, others aren't.
Kittones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kittones View Post
If you read the contract they can actually do this if the price of the holiday increases by a certain amount.
Yes, for holiday packages. Travel firms can charge more than the original price to offset changes to exchange rates, fuel costs, taxes or fees. As you say, it's part of the contract that you agree to at the time of booking. I've not seen this for ticket-only bookings though.

I wasn't sure whether the OP had just bought tickets or had a package. Interestingly, I suspect the price of the hotel rooms has also changed since June last year - Disney is currently offering free nights so the room price is probably cheaper. However, the OP didn't ask whether Disney would "price match" the cost of the hotel room to the current price, only the tickets. (Disney won't price match either, btw. The OP would have to cancel and rebook).

Regarding ticket-only bookings, ATD did once have a "Win-Win scheme" (or whatever it was called), where they would look at the price of the tickets both at the time of booking and at the time you were ready to pay off the balance and charge you the lowest price. So if the ticket price went down whilst paying them off then you'd pay the lower price. I think ATD were the only one that did this though?

Originally Posted by Kittones View Post
I did ask about the ticket price change and they said that the only way to get it would be to cancel and rebook the package. I find with holidays there's never any harm in politely asking. All they can say is no. Some companies are happy to amend bookings, others aren't.
Yes, there's nothing wrong with asking. The worst they can say is "no". And, I suspect, if the OP has a package holiday then there's a greater possibility that they might amend the booking (although unlikely if the package is with Disney).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:42 AM.